Consumer United - Probably the fastest track from entry level to management available in sales industry without being a pyramid scheme. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Consumer United

"Probably the fastest track from entry level to management available in sales industry without being a pyramid scheme."

Current Employee - Licensed Agent in Westborough, MA
Current Employee - Licensed Agent in Westborough, MA

I have been working at Consumer United full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Energetic yet relaxed work environment, tons of sales contests. Enthusiastic atmosphere with constant employee appreciation events. Training department is phenomenal, and ongoing training helps agents that are falling behind. Management is personable and available. Constant face time with CEO, COO, and other execs.

Regarding other reviews, the company, in my time here, has gone through a massive cultural overhaul. The frat-like college party atmosphere has long since been replaced by a focus on professionalism and keeping customers' interests first.

Cons

Can be high pressure, as personal sales goals contribute to team/branch/company goals. At the end of the day, the goal is for everyone to make more money. Competiive nature of job can be tough on thin-skinned.

Advice to Management

Bumper Pool table.

Other Employee Reviews for Consumer United

"Great start-up experience"

Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Consumer United full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, the company is small, still in the start-up phase, but growing. There is a lot of opportunity to get involved in different areas of the business, not just what is related to your role. Also the communication from senior leaders to employees is much better than at some much larger companies I have worked at.

Cons

Lack of name recognition, could have more vacation days.

Advice to Management

keep rewarding those who do good work and keep the start-up mentality is the company grows.

"Wonderful Atmosphere to Work for"

Current Employee - Insurance Sales in Westborough, MA
    Current Employee - Insurance Sales in Westborough, MA

I have been working at Consumer United full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Consumer United truly cares with having the mentality that if your employees are happy, they are more productive. I have only worked here for a short period of time, but absolutely love everything they have to offer.

Cons

The only issue I have is the distance I travel, nothing to do with CU at all!

Advice to Management

Very excited about this opportunity. Your management team along with Sasha have proven to show just how wonderful of a company CU is. Thank you.