Consumer United - Most supportive company I've ever worked for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Consumer United

"Most supportive company I've ever worked for"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Westborough, MA
Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Westborough, MA

I have been working at Consumer United full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Great coworkers!!!
-Payed for me to take my licensing exams multiple times
-5 Star training
-Recognition for your efforts and accomplishments
-Competitive salary for a sales position
-Opportunity to rise quickly
-Westborough office was recently opened so the culture is being rebooted and defined by the wave of new employees being brought in.

Cons

-Network issues due to being a newly opened office

Advice to Management

-Dual monitors for sales reps!

Other Employee Reviews for Consumer United

"Work with people that care!"

I have been working at Consumer United full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Consumers United is a great place to work!

They truly care about their employees. I have never worked at a company were the CEO , the President the COO and the CFO walk around saying hello to everyone and having conversations with their employees in the cafeteria or in the hallways. In most companies you hardly, if ever sees the executives of the company.
    They truly care about the growth of their employees. If you want to work for a company that cares about your success and is willing to put in the time to give you all the tools and the resources you need to reach your success, Consumer United, Inc. is the place for you to be.

Cons

If you wanted to drive into work parking is expensive.

"Actual growth oppertunities"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Westborough, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Westborough, MA

I have been working at Consumer United full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You work in a positive, supportive, and fast paced sales environment. I have now been working for Consumer United since December 2012. I started in the Back Bay office, but now work in the Westborough office, which is convenient to Metrowest area commuters. The office culture is laid back, but professional. This is a company that has been rapidly growing over the last 5 years or so and there is real opportunity for growth. There is great communication between the executives and lower ranking employees, and they are focused on employee satisfaction. We just got a pool table and ping pong table for the break room at the Westborough.

Cons

Passing the initial licensing tests is very challenging, this is something you will simply be able to breeze through. Training is highly accelerated, but you are given all of the necessary tools to succeed though and help is always available along the way. There are often tech issues that can be frustrating, however even in the short time that I have been here, I have witnessed constant and continuing efforts made to resolve these issues when they arise. The job can be highly stressful, but it is sales, so this should be expected at times. You also need to be thick skinned because some of the people you will be calling are not always going to be polite.