Consumers Credit Union (Illinois) - Terrible Management | Glassdoor

"Terrible Management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove Village, IL

I have been working at Consumers Credit Union (Illinois) full-time for less than a year

Pros

I’m typically a very positive person, but my credit union merged with consumers several months ago and I can honestly say that there’s nothing positive I can say about Consumers Credit Union.

Cons

Under staffed, over worked. Under paid. Consumers does not give us the tools or the manpower to be successful. The primary focus is on merging with other credit unions and building capital, there is very little focus on member service and half the day is spent dealing with members who are upset at the poor service and the large amount of mistakes that are made by a staff that has not been trained well. Lots of... turnover, so much so that they stopped announcing when people leave or get hired because the amount of those leaving was exponentially more then those coming into the credit union. The CEO is completely out of touch with his employees. It’s been three months since consumers bought our former credit union and they’ve already indicated to us that they are going back on the arrangements that were discussed in regards to our jobs. Constant uncertainty.

Advice to Management

Please retire.

Consumers Credit Union (Illinois)2018-12-03

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Intern"

Former Intern - Marketing Intern in Palatine, IL

I worked at Consumers Credit Union (Illinois) for less than a year

Pros

CCU is very concerned with their interns success. The internship program at CCU is very hands-on and I met so many great people through this experience!

Cons

I would not make any changes to the internship program.

Consumers Credit Union (Illinois)2019-09-08
  2. "CCU is a great place to work"

Former Intern - Intern - Hourly in Gurnee, IL

I worked at Consumers Credit Union (Illinois) for less than a year

Pros

I learned a lot through CCU's internship program this summer and I met a lot of great people who I loved working with!

Cons

There was nothing I would have changed about the internship program at CCU!

Consumers Credit Union (Illinois)2019-09-05

Discover more reviews about Consumers Credit Union (Illinois).