Consumers Credit Union (Illinois) - Starts out great, then you decide | Glassdoor
  1. "Starts out great, then you decide"

Current Employee - Member Experience Representative

I have been working at Consumers Credit Union (Illinois) full-time for more than a year

Pros

Consumers is a great growing company to work for. The amount of PTO you get is more than generous and the room for promotion is very large. The people I work with are great, and you see that at every service center. More than willing to let you visit other departments to see where you want to move within the company.

Cons

Sales. The pressure put on for cross sales is a little heavy. Especially in recent months since they are branch goals versus individual. I get that higher management is getting on service centers cases however, the service center managers are making the staff feel like we have never made goal EVER. Two others and myself have started to look for other work, however, we don’t want to leave. The main reason is the... sales goals and how hard they are pushed. Being at other financial institutions, they have been pushed hardest here. Especially when you have the same members each week, they are tired of hearing the same products and services. Also, the full job isn’t fully put in the job description. They leave a few pieces out and let you know after you’ve been hired. Also, sometimes you feel fully compensated for your job and others it’s a lot and you don’t feel compensated. It is really based on the management at the service center from day to day.

Advice to Management

Stop pushing so hard with sales, it’s making people leave. Stop telling tellers to dig through account history’s to try and bring up products to have members bring over to CCU it seems invasive. With one off month, don’t treat staff as if they NEVER meet goal. It’s not every month, sometimes months are harder than others if people don’t want the service in which the goal is not being met.

Consumers Credit Union (Illinois)2019-06-25

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Intern"

Former Intern - Marketing Intern in Palatine, IL

I worked at Consumers Credit Union (Illinois) for less than a year

Pros

CCU is very concerned with their interns success. The internship program at CCU is very hands-on and I met so many great people through this experience!

Cons

I would not make any changes to the internship program.

Consumers Credit Union (Illinois)2019-09-08
  2. "CCU is a great place to work"

Former Intern - Intern - Hourly in Gurnee, IL

I worked at Consumers Credit Union (Illinois) for less than a year

Pros

I learned a lot through CCU's internship program this summer and I met a lot of great people who I loved working with!

Cons

There was nothing I would have changed about the internship program at CCU!

Consumers Credit Union (Illinois)2019-09-05

Discover more reviews about Consumers Credit Union (Illinois).