Contemporaries, Inc. - Excellent Temporary Opportunities | Glassdoor

"Excellent Temporary Opportunities"

Former Employee - Temporary Staff in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Temporary Staff in Boston, MA

Pros

Great place to work at, with involved and concerned management. Management was also very friendly. Hours were reasonable and the pay was good.

Cons

Work can be slightly inconsistent. Pay was good for a temporary agency or a job just out of school, but not necessarily to make a career on.

Advice to Management

I really liked the management - they were very involved but never micromanaged too much. They were very friendly and easy to connect with - keep that!

Other Employee Reviews for Contemporaries, Inc.

1. "Know the insurance facts inside and out"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Pros

nice people that were able to get me steady positions. It also paid fine for administrative work. Their office was in a convenient (Metro-accessible) location.

Cons

They did not clearly communicate how insurance worked (something complicated, like last month's work affects this month's coverage), so I paid too much for scheduled appointments that I could have changed to a different month.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work of checking in on employees, seeing how we temps like our current place. Have your staff clearly communicate insurance benefits and check for understanding from the temps.

2. "YOU are the one finding me work?"

Current Employee - Temp in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Temp in Boston, MA

Pros

They will set you up with work fairly quickly. The office personnel are friendly/

Cons

Their placements don't correspond to a candidate's qualifications. They would call me after having intreviewed me, asking me very basic questions they should have A.)already known about me, or B.)could have easily looked at my paper file to find the answers. I felt like they didn't even know who I was.

Advice to Management

Know those who you employ better - do a thorough interview and know their resume well.