Contemporary VA - Work from home, make friends, no benefits | Glassdoor

"Work from home, make friends, no benefits"

Current Contractor - Team Leader in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Contemporary VA for more than 5 years

Pros

Virtual Assistants do all kinds of work for clients including WordPress, social media, email marketing, etc. Most work is done during the business day so you have other times off, and you work in teams that help each other out.

Cons

employee status is difficult to get, which is the only way to get basic benefits like paid time off and direct deposit.

Contemporary VA2017-03-04

Other Employee Reviews

"Great work from home"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Contemporary VA

Pros

Many people only write reviews about a company that are negative. CVA might have been a mess to work for a couple years ago but now they are great. They cleaned house and got all new upper management they are fantastic. I have see some mixed reviews on here, the interview process was easy for me. I got assigned to an team and begun work the next day on recurring tasks. I love being able to work from home. My hours... are flexible and I am always done by 5pm.

Cons

Unpaid monthly meeting (this has been brought up in previous post, however they don't tell you thay it is once a month and only an hour long) No insurance - but your an contractor

Advice to Management

Y'all are doing great!

Contemporary VA2018-02-28
  2. "You learn a lot...not all of it is good"

Former Employee - Team Leader and Virtual Assistant

I worked at Contemporary VA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked at this company for almost 4 years and while the positives include the amount of skills and training I received, it does not make up for the cons associated with this position.

Cons

Even though you are hired as a 1099, you have set work hours, very little flexibility and a GM who tries to micromanage everything being done...including wanting access to your calendar with full details so she can track your day. Overloading VA's with too much work and then being upset when they aren't perfect.

Advice to Management

Take a hard look at who you are and change.

Contemporary VA2017-03-13

Discover more reviews about Contemporary VA.