Contemporary VA - Lots of hoops to jump through | Glassdoor

"Lots of hoops to jump through"

Former Contractor - Project Virtual Assistant

I worked at Contemporary VA for less than a year

Pros

The opportunity to work from home is always nice, and the pay rate, while low, is better than you're likely to be offered from lowball bidding sites. Also, the work-related emails and messages tend to come mostly during standard business hours.

Cons

Lots of hoops to jump through before you get hired, and then even once you have been offered and signed a contract you still have to undergo lengthy mandatory unpaid training and attend numerous mandatory unpaid meetings. The pay, assuming you ever get the chance to actually work "on the clock", is actually at the low end of the spectrum for similar agencies.

Advice to Management

Mandatory unpaid training, once a contract has been signed, is actually a violation of federal employment law, whether or not you claim it's part of some kind of extended hiring process.

Contemporary VA2014-10-24

Other Employee Reviews

"Great work from home"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Contemporary VA

Pros

Many people only write reviews about a company that are negative. CVA might have been a mess to work for a couple years ago but now they are great. They cleaned house and got all new upper management they are fantastic. I have see some mixed reviews on here, the interview process was easy for me. I got assigned to an team and begun work the next day on recurring tasks. I love being able to work from home. My hours... are flexible and I am always done by 5pm.

Cons

Unpaid monthly meeting (this has been brought up in previous post, however they don't tell you thay it is once a month and only an hour long) No insurance - but your an contractor

Advice to Management

Y'all are doing great!

Contemporary VA2018-02-28
  2. "You learn a lot...not all of it is good"

Former Employee - Team Leader and Virtual Assistant

I worked at Contemporary VA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked at this company for almost 4 years and while the positives include the amount of skills and training I received, it does not make up for the cons associated with this position.

Cons

Even though you are hired as a 1099, you have set work hours, very little flexibility and a GM who tries to micromanage everything being done...including wanting access to your calendar with full details so she can track your day. Overloading VA's with too much work and then being upset when they aren't perfect.

Advice to Management

Take a hard look at who you are and change.

Contemporary VA2017-03-13

Discover more reviews about Contemporary VA.