Contemporary VA - Isn't worth the hassle or mistreatment due to showing favoritism towards some. | Glassdoor

"Isn't worth the hassle or mistreatment due to showing favoritism towards some."

Former Contractor - Project Virtual Assistant

I worked at Contemporary VA for less than a year

Pros

I actually thought this was a great company to work for at first.

Cons

Termination for no valid reason without even asking employee or investigating Team leaders lie to cover their own tracks Terminated in the middle of completing a project that I was told wasn't completed 3 days later Favoritism showed to certain individuals Even with me notifying team leader of my every move, I was told I wasn't available enough or notifying her of my availability. They dismissed the ones that... actually work and kept them notified of their every move but the ones that never speak up or say anything in team chat are still there. I'm seeking legal counsel regarding this matter and starting my own company

Advice to Management

Please get the details from both sides before just terminating people for no valid reason. It was already bad enough sitting around for hours waiting on work and then get terminated because of she-say in the middle of doing a task for no pay.

Contemporary VA2015-04-03

Other Employee Reviews

"Great work from home"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Contemporary VA

Pros

Many people only write reviews about a company that are negative. CVA might have been a mess to work for a couple years ago but now they are great. They cleaned house and got all new upper management they are fantastic. I have see some mixed reviews on here, the interview process was easy for me. I got assigned to an team and begun work the next day on recurring tasks. I love being able to work from home. My hours... are flexible and I am always done by 5pm.

Cons

Unpaid monthly meeting (this has been brought up in previous post, however they don't tell you thay it is once a month and only an hour long) No insurance - but your an contractor

Advice to Management

Y'all are doing great!

Contemporary VA2018-02-28
  2. "You learn a lot...not all of it is good"

Former Employee - Team Leader and Virtual Assistant

I worked at Contemporary VA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked at this company for almost 4 years and while the positives include the amount of skills and training I received, it does not make up for the cons associated with this position.

Cons

Even though you are hired as a 1099, you have set work hours, very little flexibility and a GM who tries to micromanage everything being done...including wanting access to your calendar with full details so she can track your day. Overloading VA's with too much work and then being upset when they aren't perfect.

Advice to Management

Take a hard look at who you are and change.

Contemporary VA2017-03-13

Discover more reviews about Contemporary VA.