Continental Airlines - Continental Airlines is a great place to work! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Continental Airlines

"Continental Airlines is a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Customer Care Manager in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Customer Care Manager in Houston, TX

Pros

Flexibility is the best reason to work for Continental Airlines

Cons

Pay isn't the greatest because of 9/11. But it is getting better

Advice to Management

Keep doing the job you are doing

Other Employee Reviews for Continental Airlines

"A Continental Flight Attendant's view from the sky."

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Houston, TX

Pros

Best reasons to work for Continental are the Benefits, Work Schedule and People I work with!!

Cons

Schedules change every month and base on senority you may have to work Holidays. However, there is always a way to change your schedule to hold days off. Dealing with Passengers who are not familar with the rules of the airline industry and become confrontational is hard to deal with. Carry on baggage has been an issue during boarding. Also having to deal with cramped seating during a long, full flight.

Advice to Management

Provide more comfort in coach class seating. Provide a better boarding system to help out Flight Attendants and Agents during the boarding phase of flight. Better on-time for everyone involved! Extra large passengers in smaller seats need to be dealt with outside of the aircraft due to the embarrassment of the passenger and those around them in close proximity...also, not all flight attendants know how to deal with this professionally.

"Listen."

Current Employee - Supervisor in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Houston, TX

Pros

You just can't get the jet fuel out of your blood. Out of all the big 5 airlines, Continental is the best, but has a ways to go to be equatible to middle management.

Cons

Over 10 years since a pay increase, in fact it has decreased. Benefits are starting to disappear, and the Dignity is certainly on the downside. I don't think our executives listen to employees ideas anymore. They have their own ideas and be damned the employees ideas.

Advice to Management

Listen to the ideas given by employees. In our cabin since we are steadfast on the checked bag policy we must figure out something about pillows and blankets.
    The ideal would be to eliminate these special charges and separate ourselves from the rest of the pack. We are losing bookings to Southwest due to this in markets we compete. People are actually OK with making stops and changes of planes to keep from paying added fees. It creates ill will with our passengers and on full flights our passengers are fighting each other for overhead space.