Continental Airlines - I enjoy my job very much, but my direct management team is not very good. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Continental Airlines

"I enjoy my job very much, but my direct management team is not very good."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

The best thing about Continental AIrlines are the flight benefits and profit sharing.

Cons

My direct managers are out-of-touch with its employees because they demand respect, yet they are unwilling to give it.

Advice to Management

The merger of Continental Airlines and United provides a unique opportunity to get it right, I can only hope it will happen!

Other Employee Reviews for Continental Airlines

"Very satisfied, but the merger with United is causing headhaches."

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Houston, TX

Pros

medical insurance, travel benefits, fair compensation, flexibility to balance lifestyle with work duties. Also, flexibility to when to take vacations and days off.

Cons

No promotions. No annual profit sharing because the company generally losses money. Difficult to get insight from the annual evaluation process.

Advice to Management

The company needs direction. Since the merger with United, Continental employees feel the upper management do not want to share information about future developments in the company. Also, the CEO, when faced tough questions, does not have convincing answers.

2. "The snow dog pulls the sled almost to the peak of mount Everest; stops to take a drink of water, "Get me a new dog!""

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

Free flights and descent medical benifits.

Cons

There will always be uncertainty as to whether your job will be around in a couple of years, and you will never be assured of any type of pension. Tthe companys pension account, is more than likely to become the company’s “Just in case” account.

Advice to Management

Gordon Bathone made this company, and promoted "dignity and respect", but this motto should now be "If we save $0.0001 on this we can buy that" Just as the video you once displayed to all of your hard working employees....."The Plan Is Working!", and indeed it is.