Continental Properties - Overall Great Company to Work for | Glassdoor
  1. "Overall Great Company to Work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menomonee Falls, WI

I have been working at Continental Properties full-time for more than a year

Pros

Continental Properties is by far the best company I have worked for. They are an honorable company to work for and really take care of their employees. Some of the highlights of their benefits and programs are: • Strategic programs to develop your career track • Great benefits including 401K match, tuition reimbursement, BAAB bonus program, employee assistance program, competitive healthcare plans. • Salaries are reviewed at least yearly to adjust according to market. • 18 days of PTO in your first full calendar year of employment. Year of hire accrues PTO at a slower rate and is prorated. Generous rollover days allowed • Half day Fridays in August. • Monthly learning sessions about the company with lunch provided • Quarterly and Annual meetings to discuss the state of the company • Yearly "challenge" meetings to discuss in groups what the company can do better. • Performance reviews and annual interviews to discuss your personal progress and concerns about your job. • “Continental Cares” program to give back to the community through non-profit partnerships. • A leadership program is being Other intangible benefits: • It is a very positive environment. People generally have a lot of team spirit and company pride. We all want to work to see the company grow and improve. • Executive leadership communicates effectively with the company. There are several meetings each year to make sure everyone aware of what the goals are and how the company is doing to achieve those goals. • Depending on the department, managers generally promote voluntary activities to get to know each other—lunch outings, happy hours, holiday activities, etc. • The company is committed to hiring the “best and brightest”. It is encouraging to trust that the people they hire are competent, intelligent, and hard workers. It makes doing the daily work easier when you are on a committed team. • Resources are generally available if you can make a case for what you need and how it will benefit the company in the long run. The leadership genuinely wants to help us be more comfortable and efficient. They value the people who work here and know that being too conservative with resources will not make this company better. • The company values success and is proud to be recognized as top performer in the industry.

Cons

While I really enjoy working for Continental Properties, there are always a few pain points in every organizations. Some minor issues this company faces are: • The industry is VERY fast paced. This is something that management tries to emphasize upon hire, as it can be a. However, sometimes being a fast-paced company can be used as an excuse for poor planning and poor communication between departments. There are times that transactions happen without communicating to appropriate people from supporting departments such as IT, accounting, marketing, etc. Similarly, cultural phrases such as “raising the bar” or “going above and beyond” or “doing whatever it takes” (while great in the right context) can sometimes be used as a justification of doing excessive work in short periods of time due to the poor planning and communication of other people. There have never been any detrimental cases since I have been here, but it can cause a lot of frustration. A task force was developed before I was hired to roll out a Smartsheet system to improve productivity/communication, but it is still being tested, and I am unsure how much it will benefit the supporting departments that are not directly involved in development, construction, and operations teams. • While executive leaders and management are constantly looking for feedback, action and response to the feedback can be very slow. At the very least, the company is always asking for your opinion and what your concerns are, which many companies don’t even do, however I have been disappointed by some of the follow-up in the past. • From my experience and experience I have heard from others, negotiating salary/benefits is difficult. Since the company tries to base its offers on the market, and reevaluates on a yearly basis, it can be difficult to negotiate from their firm position. This may be a bit of a shock if you are used to negotiating for what you want. The company tries to take more of a proactive approach, which may not always feel great to people who are assertive by nature as you generally have to take what they offer. That being said, I feel like I am being compensated well and my benefits are above average. • When I was hired, racial diversity was minimal throughout the company. This has improved since then company-wide. However, it would be nice to see more racial and gender diversity at the executive and VP levels as the company continues to grow. • Some department leaders are better than others about executing the career development, performance reviews, ask interviews, and other HR initiatives intended to benefit the employees. I have a great manager who takes these very seriously, but I have seen others not have good results. If these initiatives are extremely important to you, make sure you ask the hiring manager about them during the interview stage, and continue to push for them to be engaged during your employment.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to employees and take tangible steps to follow-up on suggestions. As we grow, continue to involve more diverse groups of people in executive leadership and overall decision making.

Continental Properties2019-02-06

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Fantastic environment and a team that supports it's culture"

Current Employee - Assistant Community Manager in Savage, MN

I have been working at Continental Properties full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very positive work environment, great on the job training and coaching, good benefits, beautiful homes and work spaces

Cons

I am a fairly new employee, but so far I have not seen any cons

Advice to Management

Continue living the culture

Continental Properties2019-12-02
  2. "Continental properties is a wonderful company to work for!! They treat their employees great."

I worked at Continental Properties

Pros

Great pay, benefits, always encouraging.

Cons

open on sundays other than that great!

Continental Properties2019-12-26

Discover more reviews about Continental Properties.