Continuant - Medium t high stress environment | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Continuant

"Medium t high stress environment"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

Pros

Employee potlucks on Fridays and Christmas desk decorating contest

Cons

high stress during holiday and daylight savings time

Advice to Management

communicate with compassion

Other Employee Reviews for Continuant

1. "Worked My Way Up - Now Account Manager"

Current Employee - Named Account Manager in Fife, WA
    Current Employee - Named Account Manager in Fife, WA

I have been working at Continuant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My Managers Care About Me
    Full Time Salary
    Good PTO Benefits
    Comfortable Environment
    Career Potential (fulfilled)

Cons

Health benefits aren't the best
    Paths to promotion aren't the most detailed (but if you work hard and talk to your managers, they'll steer you in the right direction)

Advice to Management

LET PEOPLE SHOW THEIR TATTOOS!!!

"Grateful for the experience, but wouldn't wish it on anyone..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fife, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fife, WA

I worked at Continuant full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you're a favourite, they'll try and make you fit somewhere in the company.

Cons

Lots of nepotism. It's hard to walk through and not spot at least 3-5 people directly related with VPs or the CEO. I'm all for allowing family to work for/with family. What I'm not for is sticking family members in departments that they know nothing about and force said department to drop everything and train them. That aside.

Here's my biggest issue: In my department, we had a lovely manager. He was kind, thoughtful, know what he was doing. One day he got "demoted" and place in a low position in a different dept. They brought in a manager that just happened to not be managing anyone at the time. No experience with our department's responsibilities or, to my knowledge, technology out side of PBXs. Among other things, for awhile he would not email the females in the department. We had to ask out male coworkers to forward important dept related emails to us. He told us (us being all the women) we couldn't go out to lunches together. Even though we had ample coverage. He would schedule meetings after my hours and I got written up for not showing up. Shortly after I got fired and told "come back anytime if you like". Huh? Best thing that ever happened to me. Keep in mind: I was making at the time about $12.50 per hour, being on call and working in the tech field.

Advice to Management

Treat people better, not every has the same needs as someone making millions a year. You need to offer the lower level people things that make sense for them, like a LIVING WAGE. Like good health care, and make an environment not all about money. Give people some grace. And please for the love of God get rid of the misogynist(s).