Continuous Learning Group - Good but not great | Glassdoor

"Good but not great"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV

Pros

Great family work-life balance and a good community of people to work with. Flexible in time off and where you do work.

Cons

It is difficult for professional growth in the company. Found that they often did not follow their own consulting practices when it came to internal operations. Overall the people are great but professional development is limited.

Other Employee Reviews for Continuous Learning Group

1. "What once was a good, even great, place to work has become a terrible place in which to work - thanks to our Sr Leaders!"

Current Employee - Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

All the positives are externally focused - the good consultants and contractors we work with, the ability to truly "make a difference", the uplifting nature of what we do (who can argue with bringing positive reinforcement into the workplace?). The heavy travel comes with the territory

Cons

All the negatives are internally focsed - on what was once a culture of integrity and transparancy that has become the opposite. Our senior leaders are greedy, they cannot make decisions, they don't tell us what is really going on and their walk is a lot different than the nice sounding talk they put out in gushy emails, meetings and townhall phone calls. Few of the rank and file trust any of the top leaders any more - and there are none that people respect (except the head of People). What a shame.

Advice to Management

Walk your talk! Stop bickering, be direct among yourselves and make decisions. Complete transparency about the deals you've cut among yourselves would also help - as would passing some of the fruit of our labor down to more of us. The padding of the payroll is visible to us all. Last - watch out once the economy starts improving and opportunities to do other things open up - you will be surprised at how many people choose to leave CLG - and who they are. You'll have a very difficult time managing the company.

2. "family environment for corporate consulting"

I have been working at Continuous Learning Group full-time

Pros

The flexibility to live anywhere and work from home are great advantages, as well as the robust benefits packages. Lots of opportunities to make contacts.

Cons

It is a small company so it is difficult for them to have the capacity to develop individuals. also because of the industries they are concentrated in that greatly impacts the availability of work opportunities.

Advice to Management

Continue diversifying the work streams and ensure that lower level employees have the opportunity for development and advancement.