Convergence Marketing - Zero training, no communication from area manager | Glassdoor

"Zero training, no communication from area manager"

Former Employee - Merchandiser in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Convergence Marketing part-time for less than a year

Pros

Hmmm...I would say flexibility and decent pay. Apparently you can choose which assignments you want and reject the ones you don't, but be careful. Not accepting an assignment (even if initially it was someone else's), could get you canned. Instantly.

Cons

Where do I begin? First of all, there is no training whatsoever. There is a 30 minute conference call you have to listen in on before your first assignment, but that's it. If you don't know how to work their computer portal, read your assignments, or aren't sure how to submit your reports - too bad. Oh that's ok, you think. I'll just call my Area Manager, he/she will help me. Ha! Good luck with that. THEY NEVER... ANSWER THE PHONE OR RETURN YOUR PHONE CALLS. Ever. You can send them an email, but don't hold your breath waiting for a response. It will most likely be a few days before they get back to you and it certainly won't be with a phone call. Email only. For example, I saw an assignment on my dashboard and scrolled over to the start and due dates. One of my projects had a start date of two days away and a due date about 5 days after the start date. Cool, I think. My first assignment! So I show up at the store at 8am on the start date expecting to find two other merchandisers who were on the same project. No one was there. I ran into the HBA Department Manager, who was very helpful but was confused because she wasn't expecting me/us that day even though on my dashboard, it said the project was to start that day. I call my area manager to find out what was going on. No answer. Called and called all morning, no response. I finally got ahold of her (probably because she was sick of my incessant calls, but I needed to know WTH was going on). Apparently, "start date" does not mean that is when the project actually starts. Duh. Tells me this like I should know. So rude. My employment ended when she took me off of all of my future assignments because I wouldn't do an overnight assignment for someone else (wasn't even my project). Excuse me for not being too keen on driving five hours round trip and staying in a hotel with some woman I'd never met in my life. Talk about awkward. Company couldn't even spring for separate hotel rooms? Ridiculous. Oh and don't expect to get your first paycheck for at least three weeks after you complete the assignment.

Advice to Management

Figure out a way to train your merchandisers. Expecting employees to go into the assignments completely blind is very very poor business acumen. The lower Midwest territory desperately needs a better area manager, at least one who answers the phone and her emails. Maybe even one that's a little friendly and supports her employees. If you must send more than one employee to an overnight project, bite the bullet... and get them separate hotel rooms. Who wants to share such a tiny space or sleep 3 feet from someone they've never even met before? Pathetic.

Convergence Marketing2015-01-28
  1. "Good Job Slow Periods"

I have been working at Convergence Marketing part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay. Fun Job. Flexible

Cons

Sometimes you can have little to no hours

Convergence Marketing2018-08-25
  2. "No good reason to work here!"

Former Employee - Merchandiser in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Convergence Marketing part-time

Pros

None that I can think of!!!

Cons

Not a good place to work if you wanted to treated with respect!!!

Advice to Management

Treat employees like humans!

Convergence Marketing2019-02-05

Discover more reviews about Convergence Marketing.