Convergent - worst job ever | Glassdoor

"worst job ever"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Montgomery, AL
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Montgomery, AL

I have been working at Convergent full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

you have a job and that is it.

Cons

they do not treat workers well at all.

Other Employee Reviews for Convergent

"Don't care at all."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Pros

This staffing company has great training. That's all..

Cons

A lot of gossip from leaders about employees on this job.

"Great for those who don't mind being underpaid..."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Clients give gift cards if you are able to make a certain amount of sales.... ( mind you most of the customers you are selling to are VERY disgruntled) However, I did manage to get a few gift cards, but that's the least they can do to make up for the poor salary.

Cons

I don't know if anyone has every heard of the A,B,C payment system, but I think it's something E R Solutions made up to lower their employees' pay rate.... i.e. you are hired stating your pay rate is $10 hr, however, if you "under perform" your pay rate decreases to 9.00 hr, if you "over perform your pay rate will increase to 12.00 hr... That's all find and dandy except NO ONE EVER MAKES 12.00 and if you are lucky you will maintain the 10.00.... I have never had any issues with work ethic or performance as a matter of fact my cubical wall was covered with honors for "above and beyond customer service experience ratings" so WHY did I average at 10.00 hr and sometimes 9.00 hr... I ended up resigning there are WAY to many issues with E.R. solutions and the pay is just the tip of the iceberg!!.

Advice to Management

Great customer service representatives are hard to come by, furthermore, customer service reps can ultimately make or break your company as it is a large part of customer satisfaction aside from your product. It is important that your employees feel they are employed with an ethical company; with that being said, listen to the complaints of your employees and take them into serious consideration and make a change that everyone can work with.