Convergent - Collector | Glassdoor
Pros
  • "I got to work from home so I saved money on gas not having to commute" (in 17 reviews)

• "90% of the services are in house making a great place to learn new things" (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "pay scale, other than that, love my job" (in 11 reviews)

• "Everyone tells us we are the best call center/collection company in the area" (in 10 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Collector"

I have been working at Convergent full-time

Pros

Great money good people great hours

Cons

There is none at this moment I really l like working there

Advice to Management

None

May 7, 2018 – Dir. of Talent Engagement & Culture

Thank you for your 5 star review! We love hearing from our current employees. We are always looking for ways to improve our employee experience. I will share your review with our leadership team... More

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "The pressure to meet all their quotas and guidelines is unbearable."

Former Employee - Debt Collector in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Debt Collector in Houston, TX

I worked at Convergent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They limited the Saturday shift down to 1 or known per month.

Cons

I have over 10+ years of experience in the collection industry. I blame the Corporate -Executives decisions for this place having the 'worst management practices ever'.

All employees are required to have constant weekly side by side review with supervisor with your signature of what they reviewed with you. Resulting in making the employees feel awful and worried about their job. The average pay is around $10,00 an hour plus commission. 20% of the collectors make a decent living over 35k-40k a year. The other 80% make pennies.

They want high levels of customer service which requires time on the phone with customers listening to their needs, but you get written up when you don't pass their call quota, talk-time quota and collections of money quota. The pressure to meet all their quotas and guidelines is unbearable.

Ive seen supervisors make friends with their subordinates, than turn around an collaborate as witness and gang up on other subordinates.
    At the Houston, Texas location, at least 50% of their Supervisors moral compass is lacking to the extreme.

Jun 25, 2018 – Dir. of Talent Engagement & Culture

Thank you for your review. I will share your concerns with Leadership. We are always looking for ways to improve our employee experience, if there is more feedback you would like to share, please... More

2. "Okay for short period of time, job for those who need a job right away"

Current Employee - Moves Agent in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Moves Agent in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Convergent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- pretty much always got the time off that was requested
    - bonus pay
    - overtime work a lot

Cons

- everything was based off everyone's performance. Even if I was doing well, but someone else who usually didnt do well, got one good score, I got paid less.
    - there's a LOT of favoritism. If the sups liked you, you got off. If not, they would talk about you.
    - There was the definite feeling of not being appreciated. It's a lot of work on busy days and then they would make us work through lunch by giving us nasty pizza or food that would make you feel sick.
    - The management cared for management. At the Christmas Party, they were giving away substantially larger Christmas raffle prizes to them. That didn't help with comraderie because we all knew that they were already getting paid a lot more than us. Bad move from management.
    - They would promise the schedules not changing and then change it out of the blue on you.
    - Basing your pay off of call length is not okay because having to use outside interpreters or even just having chatty customers, you would get penalized, and of course then they want to make sure that you're polite and not interrupting.
    - the supervisors are never willing to take sup calls unless they're forced.
    - floor support is mostly a joke. When I first started, I would have my hand up for five minutes and I could see the sups talking and joking around and ignoring my question.
    - they only promote those that they like as people, not people who will actually get the job done. They will fire you if they don't like you

Advice to Management

- If you want good customer service, dont make the reps rush through calls. this makes it harder for the reps (and frustrating) and it makes the customer feel like they're not important.
    - Good employees make good companies. appreciate those that are the face of your company. Theyre the ones who are dealing with the customers and who are doing the hard work.
    - give bonus' and support those who do their job well. I feel like those who are there and do their job well, aren't appreciated and given what they request. Give them the schedule that they requested.

May 1, 2018 – Dir. of Talent Engagement & Culture

We appreciate your candid review of our San Antonio office. I will share your concerns with our Leadership team. We are always looking for ways to improve our employee experience and we would like... More

Discover more reviews about Convergent.