Convergenz - Churn and burn shop | Glassdoor

"Churn and burn shop"

Former Employee - Resource Manager in McLean, VA
Former Employee - Resource Manager in McLean, VA

I worked at Convergenz full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work hard, party hard culture | very young, all recent college grads | learned a lot | if you keep your job, you'll make a lot of money | very competitive commission plan | the CEO is awesome | annual fun trip to Atlantic City | there are some very talented people there to learn from | work with a lot of clients | multiple offices

Cons

no job stability | people are fired almost every week | long hours - start time at 730am until 5:30pm or 7pm 2x week | if you're a minute late, you're in trouble. can't ever leave a minute before 5:30 either | treated like a high schooler (not trusted) | the managers def prefer the account managers over the recruiters | the account managers don't know anything about their accounts, or maybe they just don't tell the recruiters anything about it | reqs move really slow | bad work/life balance | facebook & gmail are blocked

Advice to Management

Increase the communication between account managers and recruiters. Treat the employees like the adults and trust them.

Other Employee Reviews for Convergenz

"Lied!"

Former Contractor - Project Coordinator in Leawood, KS
    Former Contractor - Project Coordinator in Leawood, KS

I worked at Convergenz as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I'm required to enter 20 words here, but honestly the salary is the only pro of this job. It paid much higher than a similar position anywhere else.

Cons

Misrepresented position, lied about amount of overtime required, released early from contract stating position was filled internally, but I saw it posted online the same day and they refused to tell me the truth. Then harrassed me about getting their laptop back, but refused to return my personal belongings.

Advice to Management

Try being honest with your candidates.

"Review1"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Convergenz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Representatives exceptional in preparing you for an interview, and maintaing contact through the contract cycle.

Cons

$, I found after I submitted with them that another firm was paying better wages and full benefits. They do not feel that a flexible spending plan is important.