Convergys - Good experience. | Glassdoor

"Good experience."

Current Employee - Engagement Director in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Engagement Director in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Convergys full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Interesting projects. Good packages. Good collegues and teams.

Cons

Difficult business environment in communications market.

Other Employee Reviews for Convergys

1. "Overall good experience"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Orem, UT

I have been working at Convergys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Convergys has some good employee benefits as well as discounts to multiple stores, a lot of them being online.

Cons

Can't use cash in the break room to buy snacks/drinks. Management isn't always the best, micromanagement seems to be favored.

Advice to Management

Less micromanagement. We know our job, and scrutinizing every detail and tracking our every movement doesn't provide for a happy atmosphere.

"Work at Home Nightmare"

Former Employee - Business Data Support - Customer Service in Farmington, MO
    Former Employee - Business Data Support - Customer Service in Farmington, MO

I worked at Convergys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working from Home was the best part. Not having to worry about direct office politics and an expensive wardrobe were definite perks.

Cons

The company I provided services through Convergys for was AT&T in their Business Data Support area. The system Convergys uses for logins and call-screening for at home employment was the worst possible system to be used. You were allowed to begin logging in up to 5 minutes early but nearly 90% of the time, logging in to the required 4 different systems took in upwards of 8 minutes on average due to a lag in the system. This was always met with a reprimand and as an employee attempting to explain the situation was fruitless. There was no proof from the employee's side of what time they began the login process and no detailed logs for errors when attempting to log in and experiencing these errors. Next Problem: I spent more time with Convergys' technical support for employees team than I did on the job. Each time I had to use tech support for issues such as dropped calls, screens freezing, software freezes, etc. they would blame my connection speed although, my connection speed was a requirement for employment. Top that off with the fact that I used AT&T for my internet service provider and you get one large mess. Each time I had to go to tech support for Convergys software related issues and my "connection speed" was blamed, I was docked from the payroll for the time it took them to solve my issues. There was only time out of the 30 or so times I had to use tech support that it took me less than 30 minutes to "wait in line" for a tech support agent to help me. Every single one of the times I was on with tech support to resolve issues directly related to the Convergys systems, I lost at least one hour pay. I know I'm not the only one to suffer from these same issues. I have three neighbors that worked for the Convergys at the same time I did and each one experienced the same issues. When I quit because of this, management begged me to stay. Why? It was clear the issues were not going to be resolved!

Advice to Management

Kill the work at home program.