Convergys - I've worked there for for 16 years and loved most of it - but a little hard to be in IT right now | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Convergys

"I've worked there for for 16 years and loved most of it - but a little hard to be in IT right now"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Jacksonville, FL
Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Convergys full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Growth opportunities, ability to change jobs, benefits, salary, work environment

Cons

Very operations focused. New CEO is a butts-in-seats (have to know call center speak to undertstand that one) kinda gal and does not value IT's role in making a great company

Advice to Management

Quit laying off people so much. It hurts morale. I would be staying if I just felt safe from your constant "reduction in force" layoffs

Other Employee Reviews for Convergys

1. "Great starter job!"

Former Employee - Customer Sales & Service Representative in Cedar City, UT
    Former Employee - Customer Sales & Service Representative in Cedar City, UT

I worked at Convergys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay for first job. Decent benefits. Sales commission incentives (some clients). Gain experience in the customer service and sales field.

Cons

You're working for a vendor (better pay & benefits working "in house" for a company). Sitting all day. Angry customers. Always indoors. Gets repetitive.

2. "Terrible"

Current Employee - Android Tech in Arnold, MO
    Current Employee - Android Tech in Arnold, MO

I have been working at Convergys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pros? Maybe one. I guess the paid training is nice. You get to sit in a classroom for a while and learn about things.

Cons

Oh, the scheduling is ridiculous. You want to take pto? Good luck with that one. I mean, it's something that you do earn, and they hire for new classes all of the time, but if you need it because you feel sick that day and still tried to come into work, hah. Sure, there's a point system, but it's probably the most ridiculous thing ever. Oh, you're new to the floor? Have fun working until midnight every shift until the end of time. Unless you suck up to team leaders and such, you're screwed. Even if you are proficient at your job, the stupid quality people will still give you horrendous scores because the quality team is in India and we're in US. And the TL's....hiring from within might be good, but find people who are professional. It's ridiculous that I can hear a rep getting reamed while I'm on the phones with the customers.

Advice to Management

I think that maybe if there was more incentives, people would perform better. Honestly, the attendance policy seems good at first, but when sitting in such close quarters with many people, some who don't know what proper hygiene is, you get sick. That definitely rose my points up the ladder, but sorry that being there, dealing with jerks all day, isn't worth it, especially when sick.