Convergys - Where do I start? | Glassdoor

"Where do I start?"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Appleton, WI
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Appleton, WI

I have been working at Convergys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

GREAT training systems (has some flwas), The 2 trainers I had were great people and I could not have asked for any other people to have been trained by.

Cons

I am a call center rep at convergys for AT&T, I have to run many programs at one time. I have to sell uverse tv, HSIA,, and voice. I also sell telco, DSL, DirecTV, there are also a handfull of billing programsyouhave to use.
You need to know these programs like the back ofyour hand in order todo your job in a timely matter, you have to createnotes which youhave to do while you are the call, you can not make the notes after your callhas eneded because once you disconnect from the customer another customer beeps in. They say they giveyou 15 seconds between calls to put notes in but even if you do that they ask you why your phone is in ACW mode.
Very small work space
computer systems are slow
You don't really have a chance to get a raise other than the products you get commission off of
Worst of all is that you have so many different programsyouhave to be navigating at one time.
Bidding on yourschedule is just stupid, and your schedule is ver inconsistant.
Like I mentioned above the cubicles are very small, when your neihbor ison the phone you can almost hear their customer.
We are supposedtobe billing specialist but when a customer callsin to ask questions about their biill we have to try tosell them products or upgrade their services, which myselfand others in my class think is wrong.
The call center is small, stuffy and has an oder to it, almost like a bad body oder.
Ive worked in another call center and it was nothing like this, you have no room to stretch without bumping into the person youre sitting next to.
And also their systems have what they call "malfunctions", happens very often. You will constantly get instant messages asking "CRM problems?", VMWare Problems? That gets very old.
Although traing is great, what they try to teach you in the 6 weeks youre in training could easily be stretched to atleast 8-10 weeks so youhave time to get familiar with the 20 different programsyou need to know.

Other Employee Reviews for Convergys

"Convergys, promoter of mediocrity."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Logan, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Logan, UT

I have been working at Convergys (More than 8 years)

Pros

The only pro that I can think of is that they are flexible with school schedules and some of the people there are great.

Cons

To many to list, micro managing inexperienced managers, have to work for full year after end of class or have to repay tuition reimbursement. All of the top employees do not feel valued at all by management and are underpaid and undervalued. Site Leader once told team that has daily direct contact with people very high up with client that he doesn't pay them to think. Good job maybe for a few months. HR is pretty awful as well. Why would you hire someone that is elderly that doesn't know anything about computers to troubleshoot business internet and phone and sometimes have to talk to IT personnel which can put pressure on Team Leads and support teams, just ridiculousness.

Advice to Management

Stop micro managing, reward top employees, and take some management courses for god sake.

2. "Typical corporate america - downsizing and moving jobs overseas"

Current Employee - Network Administrator in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Network Administrator in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Convergys full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Large multi-national company. Decent payscale and benefits. Leader in providing customer service utilizing traditional US agents, work-at-home agents, and overseas agents.

Cons

Adequate benefits and average salaries. However, management has become increasingly callous and lost much of their humanity. Very little reward for doing above average. Downsizing company does not foster innovation.