Convergys - Good atmosphere to work in (corporate office). Talented people. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Convergys

"Good atmosphere to work in (corporate office). Talented people."

Former Employee - Administrative in Cincinnati, OH
Former Employee - Administrative in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Convergys full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Talent, atmosphere, kept involved and updated.

Cons

downsizing, parking and location, some long hours

Other Employee Reviews for Convergys

"Lousy, just lousy..."

Former Employee - CsrII in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - CsrII in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Convergys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Got to work on the OnStar team, with all the GM benefits and perks, which was good.

Cons

When they hired me, I specifically asked them if I would have to work many weekends, because I had partial custody of my small children, and would need to be off work every other weekend. I was told I would have to work maybe one weekend a month. When I got most of the way through training, I was told I would have to work every weekend until I was promoted to management, and maybe even then. Every few months, you have to shift bid, hoping that you get the same schedule you had before, so that you don't have to rearrange your life, yet again, to match your work schedule. While in training, my gall bladder began to fail, so that, about a year into my job, I had to take what was supposed to be a two-week leave of absence, but because they screwed up, it turned into several months of me not being able to work and not being able to collect unemployment. This happened twice. They finally gave me an accommodation for my custody problem, but after a few months, they rescinded that. Then, after two years of employment, they fired me for getting a kidney stone and coming back to work with a doctor's note, calling that an "unexcused absence." Because of what they did, I have not been able to find another job since. I would not work for these people again if I were starving.

Advice to Management

I understand that you have business obligations to fulfill, but you should be more accommodating of your employees. They have lives and obligations the same as you do.

2. "Love Working @ Convergys"

Current Employee - Agent II in Ogden, UT
    Current Employee - Agent II in Ogden, UT

I have been working at Convergys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training. When I went to production I was prepared for the job at hand. Plus ongoing education continues to keep up with all new areas we need to know. Great perks, Reasonable expectaions for time off and bonuses.

Cons

Not enough work areas for the number of empoyees coming out of training. Understandibly many will quit, but during these rushes we need more and this would really help our comaraderie.

Advice to Management

Let's allow employess who do not take off work to have a set schedule Must share work stations with everybody. I would very much like to simply share my work area with only one other shift opposite me, It would cut down on absences during illness breakouts. We are a busy place and could use many more work stations. Allow the cleaning team to clean the work sataions thoroughly. If need be, give them the security access they need.