Convergys - A total waste of 8 years of my life | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Convergys

"A total waste of 8 years of my life"

Former Employee - Management (Rather Not BE Specific) in Omaha, NE
Former Employee - Management (Rather Not BE Specific) in Omaha, NE

I worked at Convergys full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

It was close to home. The pay was adequate, barely. SOME of the management was ok. Loved the client I worked with....wish I could have worked with them

Cons

Group insurance is a joke...they deny, deny, deny. In 8 years I had 11 managers. Constant reorganization or realignment. Last manager was a first class (expletive deleted). Had 3 site directors in that same time. Moved offices 3 times. I had the same job for the entire time. Annual reviews are a joke. One year I was stack ranked #2 in all of North America for the position I held. Next year I was moved to my last manager and I went to a Needs Improvement status. All because I did not bow down to her. Constant fear of being RIFFED (Reduction In Force)

Advice to Management

Make up you mind what you want to do with the company. Changing directions with all the realignment and restructure is totally unnerving to your staff.

Other Employee Reviews for Convergys

"My experience was horrible."

Former Employee - Vacation Guide in Pueblo, CO
    Former Employee - Vacation Guide in Pueblo, CO

I worked at Convergys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employees earn vacation. The company offers health insurance. I was hired from out of state. Four weeks of training with paid long lunches and extra breaks.

Cons

Even thouh the employees earn vacation it couldnt be taken when I wanted to take it even if no one else had taken it. They calculated my vacation time incorrectly and penalized me for it.

Advice to Management

Listen to what your employees are telling you. Also your turn over numbers.

2. "Good company not very flexible."

Former Employee - Team Lead in Ogden, UT
    Former Employee - Team Lead in Ogden, UT

I worked at Convergys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are some good people that work for Convergys and pride themselves in helping people better themselves and grow with the company.

Cons

There are several managers that do not try to understand the feelings of their workers. They say they have flexible schedules, but not really unless you can get a DR note for some reason.

Advice to Management

You will retain better employees if you valued the people putting in the effort more.