Convergys - Out for debate - Will I be the last Work at Home Student Standing? | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Convergys

"Out for debate - Will I be the last Work at Home Student Standing?"

Current Employee - Work At Home Agent in New York, NY
Current Employee - Work At Home Agent in New York, NY

I have been working at Convergys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Still out for debate on this job for me. From an employee standpoint, certainly full-time, with benefits, work at home, with customers to solve problems on the cutting edge of technology is enticing. Have to admit, you offered me a good student pay, hours and benefits from the start. Now I am in what you call “production”, well, pay remains the same but your expectations have keyed up to a level that is approaching unbelievable at $9 per hour. If I did not admire my Team Leader as being one of the best - would have been long gone already.

Cons

After 100 days with only 9 of our original 30 students still with the company, I really wonder if there is any real reason to stay other than my own stubbornness to achieve standing as one of the few fellow techs I have encountered thus far with over a year or tenure. I had heard talk of the high turnover, certainly high within the call center industry, but this is really bad – really bad and I am disappointed. Not my personal mission to solve, but you certainly have to see it. Sorry, the explanation during training just didn't’ satisfy my curiosity as to why but most importantly how to overcome.

Advice to Management

Pay for performance can be a good motivator, but when you have positive personal comments versus a metrics system with hidden numbers ripe for failure I just gotta ask “What’s up with this? “ System tools are wonderful, but when they don’t work, they just don’t work and if I provide the necessary tools for work at my own expense, why am I always at fault or monetarily penalized when yours fail? And, finally, please do look at the ability for your agents to have intercompany email. This “chit-chat” stuff is counter productive when it’s full of questions that don’t require on the spot answers. I just want to make a higher hourly rate at what I am doing. It is enjoyable. Your “lots of opportunities to move up” answer is lame.

Other Employee Reviews for Convergys

1. "Margianal at best, client induces high stress level and top heavy mangement does nothing to alieve it."

Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Erlanger, KY
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Erlanger, KY

I have been working at Convergys full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Somewhat flexible schedule, short commute, and good co-workers.

Cons

No career path, low pay and minimal yearly increases, every program is looked at as a call center even when they clearly are not. Very high turnover affects my work due to constant babysiting of accounts while the ramp up yet another training class.

Advice to Management

Stop the constant micro management and fire drills. It does nothing for productivity or morale.
    Turnover is tied to pay. Trainees stay a year and then they are off to higher paying jobs. This is why the program I am on is such a roller coaster ride.

2. "Unorganized"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Convergys (More than 3 years)

Pros

Location, tuition reimbursement, clean office, clean break room, good employees under management, good time off and vacation plan to allow for balance

Cons

Unorganized, poor planning, no concern for employees, bad benefits, poor leadership, entitlement mentality, poor planners and strategic goals that also benefit the employees

Advice to Management

How many VP's does one company need?