Convergys - Our company was ripe for purchase when Convergys bought us out and the only good thing I got was cash for my stocks. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Convergys

"Our company was ripe for purchase when Convergys bought us out and the only good thing I got was cash for my stocks."

Former Employee - Network Technician in Lake Mary, FL
Former Employee - Network Technician in Lake Mary, FL

I worked at Convergys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They offered really good health insurance choices with a lot of options. That being said there really were not any more pros about the place, other than I had a job.

Cons

No raises were provided after we got bought out in 2008. Layoffs were abounding on a once every six month frequency. Middle management really was limited by the upper managers on what kinds of business plans could be executed. More often than not, upper management would simply provide bravado speeches and expect business to improve without adding the required resources.

Trying to move anywhere in the company was risky. Departments were being cut at very high frequencies.

Other Employee Reviews for Convergys

"This is the only job I have ever worked in which I sat in the parking lot and called in sick rather than go in again."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Clarksville, TN
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Clarksville, TN

I worked at Convergys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

401K matching is nice, allows you to master customer service skills, great co-workers

Cons

Poor facilities, poor pay, turnover is high for a reason, expected to take too much abuse from customers

Advice to Management

Get rid of slip seating. It's one thing to hotel, but to have to find a new desk after each lunch or training, or even some breaks is ridiculous especially as it hurts stats. There needs to be some feeling of upward progression. There absolutely should be NO reason agents should have to tolerate the verbal abuse of some of the callers. I completely believe in good customer service, that being said, if a caller starts off verbally abusive agents should be able to warn them to stop or they will disconnect the call and they should be allowed to do so. No one is paid anywhere near enough to have to stay on the line with someone that is so abusive. All calls are monitored, so they can be reviewed to be sure the process is not abused by agents. I don't care what company Convergys is providing service for, the agents should not have to tolerate verbal abuse from callers.

2. "Interesting"

Current Employee - Patient Care Advocate in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Patient Care Advocate in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Convergys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Depending on the project that you work on the schedules are pretty decent.

Cons

The facility it self isn't well kept. Many sanitary issues. Sometimes seats are unavailable.