Convergys - Hours are not stable | Glassdoor

"Hours are not stable"

I worked at Convergys full-time

Pros

Worked at home so thats always a plus

Cons

too many cons to list

Other Employee Reviews for Convergys

1. "tl has been very helpful but training is lacking and expectations are unreasonable."

Current Employee - Tds Tier II in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Tds Tier II in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Convergys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very helpful TL and nice coworkers.

Cons

Too much time spent on basic info and not enough concentration on what you need to know to perform this job for our customers. Also, WAY TOO little time spent on core information in tech support training. time is completely wasted on items that do not help you to do your job correctly. training should be both interactive and demonstrate what you will do on the job. my first day I felt completely helpless regarding how I was to work in system.

Advice to Management

more transition time necessary and more real world training to help agents better understand system usage.

2. "My terrible experience with Convergys"

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Lake Mary, FL
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Lake Mary, FL

I worked at Convergys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was happy that the application process was quick and easy, and I started working within just a two weeks from applying. Training was great and the instructors made sure that you were prepared to do the job. Pay was better than my previous jobs, being $10.00/hour, and you had the potential to get a raise every 6 months based on attendance. Steady 40 hours/week, and option of overtime.

Cons

Extremely high turnover rate. Majority of the people that they hired were extremely unprofessional and trashy. They have no sense of respect or manners. Coworkers would sexually, and otherwise, harass me and management took no effort to address the issue. Long hours of sitting, with short breaks that do not even give you a change to get your food, let alone eat it. The environment and the people are not of high quality and standards. Any decent person would feel miserable and out of place working inside this company. I stayed there through training and then I left due to the environment, coworkers and their highly unprofessional behavior, and the exhausting nature of the hours of my shift.

Advice to Management

Watch the type of characters you are hiring. Perhaps if you had higher standards when you hire people, you would have better stats and workers would stay with your company longer because the environment will be much better. You are missing out on a lot of great workers by hiring trash. Also, longer breaks to make sure that your workers actually have a chance to eat.