Convergys - Convergys Corporation Executive Assistant to C+ Exec | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Convergys

"Convergys Corporation Executive Assistant to C+ Exec"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant to Chief Executive Officer in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Convergys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Convergys has changed since I've been gone, however, the people there are awesome. They truly give to their employees and show them they are valued.

Cons

I can't complain about a single thing and I was there for 4 years.

Advice to Management

You guys rock and I refer many people to Convergys for long term employment.

Other Employee Reviews for Convergys

"Waste of time-If I had a 0 star option I would"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Appleton, WI
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Appleton, WI

I have been working at Convergys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly people on the floor
    Trainers are nice, and willing to help during training-will take the time to help you

Cons

Goals are too hard to accomplish
    No support
    I was told not to go here, but I thought I'd try it out-If you have heard this go by what others have said
    No floor support-did I say this :)

Advice to Management

hire more floor support and tell your future employees that this is a sales position

"Out for debate - Will I be the last Work at Home Student Standing?"

Current Employee - Work At Home Agent in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Work At Home Agent in New York, NY

I have been working at Convergys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Still out for debate on this job for me. From an employee standpoint, certainly full-time, with benefits, work at home, with customers to solve problems on the cutting edge of technology is enticing. Have to admit, you offered me a good student pay, hours and benefits from the start. Now I am in what you call “production”, well, pay remains the same but your expectations have keyed up to a level that is approaching unbelievable at $9 per hour. If I did not admire my Team Leader as being one of the best - would have been long gone already.

Cons

After 100 days with only 9 of our original 30 students still with the company, I really wonder if there is any real reason to stay other than my own stubbornness to achieve standing as one of the few fellow techs I have encountered thus far with over a year or tenure. I had heard talk of the high turnover, certainly high within the call center industry, but this is really bad – really bad and I am disappointed. Not my personal mission to solve, but you certainly have to see it. Sorry, the explanation during training just didn't’ satisfy my curiosity as to why but most importantly how to overcome.

Advice to Management

Pay for performance can be a good motivator, but when you have positive personal comments versus a metrics system with hidden numbers ripe for failure I just gotta ask “What’s up with this? “ System tools are wonderful, but when they don’t work, they just don’t work and if I provide the necessary tools for work at my own expense, why am I always at fault or monetarily penalized when yours fail? And, finally, please do look at the ability for your agents to have intercompany email. This “chit-chat” stuff is counter productive when it’s full of questions that don’t require on the spot answers. I just want to make a higher hourly rate at what I am doing. It is enjoyable. Your “lots of opportunities to move up” answer is lame.