Convergys - Good Company To Start With | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Convergys

"Good Company To Start With"

Former Employee - Client Services Manager in Erlanger, KY
Former Employee - Client Services Manager in Erlanger, KY

I worked at Convergys full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly co workers, good training, management invested in your success

Cons

Lower than average wage for agent through management salary grades. Shifting direction subject to whims of executive level management. Overworked supervisors, managers and directors.

Advice to Management

Consider making choices that benefit the organization long term. Concern yourself less with cash flow and more with your profit margin. Attempt to find employees subject to layoff work in other departments.

Other Employee Reviews for Convergys

1. "I was very upset to go to work here everyday."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hickory, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hickory, NC

I worked at Convergys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Helping people with their issues and directing them if I could not help them personally.

Cons

The set up of the office was if you get up you loose your seat. People ate your lunch you brought in. Managers didn't manage well as far as helping but they were quick to criticize. When you had to find a seat from getting up to go to the bathroom or from lunchtime you might not find one in time to clock in and you got a point on your record. Several points and you were written up. Written up you couldn't advance to better positions. It was all a planned road block. When I began work there it was customer service and then one of the reasons I left was that they incorporated sales goals and wanted us to do selling to the people that were calling in for help. This is not very fair to the customer. There was also no parking close by the entrance if you were on a later shift. I broke my foot and there was no accommodations allowed for parking. I actually had fallen several times in the rain with crutches and then I got a point because I was late finding a seat that was not available.

Advice to Management

Reorganize the whole environment. This is not conducive to a happy work place.

2. "A very busy high turn over company"

Former Employee - Data Entry in Aurora, CO
    Former Employee - Data Entry in Aurora, CO

I worked at Convergys full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great training job to work in a high busy work environment.

Cons

If you are older and not used to the high busy fast work environment it can be challenging. Adverse changes are a must know how to adapt to change.

Advice to Management

Be kinder it is not that hard to let a person know that the job is not best suited for them. Change for all.