Convergys - I was very upset to go to work here everyday. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Convergys

"I was very upset to go to work here everyday."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hickory, NC
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hickory, NC

I worked at Convergys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Helping people with their issues and directing them if I could not help them personally.

Cons

The set up of the office was if you get up you loose your seat. People ate your lunch you brought in. Managers didn't manage well as far as helping but they were quick to criticize. When you had to find a seat from getting up to go to the bathroom or from lunchtime you might not find one in time to clock in and you got a point on your record. Several points and you were written up. Written up you couldn't advance to better positions. It was all a planned road block. When I began work there it was customer service and then one of the reasons I left was that they incorporated sales goals and wanted us to do selling to the people that were calling in for help. This is not very fair to the customer. There was also no parking close by the entrance if you were on a later shift. I broke my foot and there was no accommodations allowed for parking. I actually had fallen several times in the rain with crutches and then I got a point because I was late finding a seat that was not available.

Advice to Management

Reorganize the whole environment. This is not conducive to a happy work place.

Other Employee Reviews for Convergys

1. "A very busy high turn over company"

Former Employee - Data Entry in Aurora, CO
    Former Employee - Data Entry in Aurora, CO

I worked at Convergys full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great training job to work in a high busy work environment.

Cons

If you are older and not used to the high busy fast work environment it can be challenging. Adverse changes are a must know how to adapt to change.

Advice to Management

Be kinder it is not that hard to let a person know that the job is not best suited for them. Change for all.

2. "Boring and tedious"

Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Convergys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Many of the positions allow you to be off on the weekends and they do promote from within and allow you to switch to other positions or "projects"... so there are opportunities for advancement however it is not easy to get reassigned unless the project you are working on closes or unless you have near perfect attendance.

Cons

In reality most of the positions are little more than an answering service for the company we are calling or answering the phone for. We have little to no access to customer accounts and so cannot do anything to actually help the customer. This means that, much like working on an assembly line, we do 1 small task over and over and over again therefor bringing the boredom and tediousness of a normal call center to an all new level.

Advice to Management

Your employees are bored to tears so even the most upbeat representatives sound sleepy and uninterested. I suggest more movement. Purposefully move people from one project to another just for a change of pace or have employees work on paperwork between calls. Also it is not acceptable for it to be company policy for the phone representatives not to eat, have cell phones, get out of their seat or use the internet when all of the Team Leads come in at all hours of the day headless of the schedule, sit in front of us in a group, sharing pictures from their cell phones, munching out on pizza Hut and turning their computers into slide shows of their children.