Convergys - I was very upset to go to work here everyday. | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Convergys

"I was very upset to go to work here everyday."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hickory, NC
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hickory, NC

I worked at Convergys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Helping people with their issues and directing them if I could not help them personally.

Cons

The set up of the office was if you get up you loose your seat. People ate your lunch you brought in. Managers didn't manage well as far as helping but they were quick to criticize. When you had to find a seat from getting up to go to the bathroom or from lunchtime you might not find one in time to clock in and you got a point on your record. Several points and you were written up. Written up you couldn't advance to better positions. It was all a planned road block. When I began work there it was customer service and then one of the reasons I left was that they incorporated sales goals and wanted us to do selling to the people that were calling in for help. This is not very fair to the customer. There was also no parking close by the entrance if you were on a later shift. I broke my foot and there was no accommodations allowed for parking. I actually had fallen several times in the rain with crutches and then I got a point because I was late finding a seat that was not available.

Advice to Management

Reorganize the whole environment. This is not conducive to a happy work place.

Other Employee Reviews for Convergys

1. "Has a great front, once inside there are minimal growth opportunities if you are not a favorite."

Pros

Paid time off, benefits, retirement for staff.

Cons

Too many politics, no recognition, minimal raises and extremely heavy workload.

Advice to Management

Care about those that have been with the company many years. Recognize lower management levels.

2. "dead end job"

Pros

pretty easy work if your fine with doing repetition work all day

Cons

dealing with customers who believe they are owed something from the company since they retired from at&t