Conversant - Client Integration Engineer - hard work, awesome team | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Conversant

"Client Integration Engineer - hard work, awesome team"

Current Employee - Client Integration Specialist in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Client Integration Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Conversant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cutting edge technology
Fun team
ability to take on interesting side projects
casual dress
Some what flexible hours
"Unlimited" vaction
Great downtown office

Cons

Hours can get very long
fourth quarter can get very stressful
some of the account management, client development, and business development team members do not have a firm grasp on what can and cannot be done (or should vs. should not be promised to certain tiered clients)

Advice to Management

Better training for AM and CD teams, more continual training for said teams to make sure they understand what we can/should do for all clients instead of allowing them to promise everything to anyone.

Other Employee Reviews for Conversant

1. "Company as a whole"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Conversant full-time

Pros

Wonderful company to work for
    Great people
    Excellent benefits
    Very laid back environment
    Ever-changing
    Absolutely LOVED the CEO and his values

Cons

Dotomi has a vision and it looks to be exponential but there needs to be more structure in the way many things are done and there definitely needs to be more clear communications about when things go into effect. You know what is happening but you don't always know when.

Advice to Management

Be more diligent in enforcing things which are necessary. If it isn't getting done, you are the manager, step up and get your staff moving in the right direction.

"Happy here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Conversant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Interesting to see so many negative reviews from poor work/life balance, office politics, etc. I'm curious to know if perhaps these are all from the same team, and what team that is. I'm on the engineering side and can't say that I've seen much of this.

- Everyone here (on the engineering side at least) is VERY smart and very capable.
    - Very strong "get it done" culture. Everyone is willing and excited to try to solve even the seemingly impossible task.
    - We don't spend time assessing blame, we spend time figuring out how to make sure bad stuff doesn't happen again.
    - I've never felt un-recognized for my work or contributions, and am rewarded and recognized when I go above and beyond.
    - There are TONS of opportunities to make a personal impact here, and just about every tool we have here and use on a daily basis was dreamed up by a regular old employee who just had an idea on how to do something better.
    - I've found management all the way up to the CTO on the engineering side to be human and easy to talk to - and the CEO is also very approachable (though he's not around much since the acquisition).
    - Salary and benefits are decent if you negotiate hard enough during the offer phase.
    - If you're solid and meet all your expectations on your performance reviews then merit increases and bonuses are IMO above average.

Cons

- Q4 can be busy. Not 24 hour days and 7 day weeks crazy... but (at least in engineering) during Q4 you can expect to spend 1-2 nights a week here to 7:00 if there are system issues that need to be resolved or last minute features that need to be delivered before the code freeze. But then again, we're a dot-com, representing nothing but internet retailers, and Q4 is the holiday season. I think it's ridiculous to NOT expect this. But if you're a person who expects to take a lot of time off over the holidays... it might be difficult for you.
    - If you are not a self-starter or don't like figuring stuff out on your own, you will probably drown here. We DO finally have official formal training BUT there is still a heavy expectation on you to exhaust all your own resources first before asking for help.
    - They make a big stink about maintaining 8:30-5:30 hours. Though to be fair, I've never been denied permission to leave early or arrive late when I needed to.
    - They don't like telecommuting either. If you expect or hope to work from home with any regularity, this probably isn't the place for you.
    - Work spaces are cramped. For everybody - from the regular employee all the way up through senior management. I had a bigger office 5 years ago as a junior engineer than our VP's do now.