Conversica - Awesome Place To Work and Learn | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Conversica

"Awesome Place To Work and Learn"

Current Employee - Software Trainer in Bellingham, WA
Current Employee - Software Trainer in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at Conversica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with Artificial Intelligence Software is simply super cool. Seeing it work in Dealerships to help them increase sales is even better. Fun job with lots of bright and smart people. Feel like a game of pool or ping pong? Need a massage? Go get one, twice a week she is here. Yoga class? Go for it...twice a week it is also offered. Team building event? Sure..come join us for Mariners game at Safeco or for a weekend Hackathon. Hungry or Thirsty? You wont be here as all snacks and beverages are provided at NO EXPENSE to the employee (we even have an office mom that cooks and cleans up after us).

Cons

Having to work with people that are probably a lot smarter than yourself!

Advice to Management

Keep up the perks and benefits. The balance between work and life and the perks offered here are simply not found elsewhere in this area.

Other Employee Reviews for Conversica

1. "Look forward to going to work everyday!"

Current Employee - Office Manager/Accounting Manager in Bellingham, WA
    Current Employee - Office Manager/Accounting Manager in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at Conversica full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

We have great people with a tremendous amount of talent, knowledge and experience. We work hard and we definitely play hard. We have good team effort to get the job done. Very competive wages and many extras benefits: snacks; beverages and a full range of break time activites in the office - pool, foosball, darts, mountain bilkes, 2x weekly massages and yoga classes provided in house. We get together after hours - a fun bus to Safeco Field for a Mariner's game in June. I have 30+ years experience in the work force and this is by far my best job to date.

Cons

Downtown Bellingham parking is trying.... we do offer parking spaces for the employees. Our office space need some minor renovation but it all works.
    Payroll schedule needs to be adjusted to the 1st and 15th of every month - it is very hard as a new employee to wait 3 weeks to get their first paycheck.

Advice to Management

Keep going forward, there have been some growing pains but for the most part you are doing a great job! You will never please everyone but most of us love working here!

"Sleazebags"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Bellingham, WA
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Bellingham, WA

I worked at Conversica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great medical benefits
    Free food
    Free beer
    Pool table
    Ping pong table
    Office "mom" to prepare free food and clean the office
    401k with an OK employer match, a few percent isn't much when you are paid so little though.

Cons

50 hours a week minimum + 24/7 "On Call"
    Mandated shifts that can have you working as early as 6AM or as late as Midnight.
    Working on the weekends a normal occurrence
    Terrible work-life balance

No overtime, even for hourly employees working over 40 hours a week, which is illegal in this state.

2 weeks to 1 month unpaid before they decide to hire you for real.

Start at just above minimum wage, this goes for hourly and salaried employees.

Focus on "fix it right now" not maintainable code

Don't get me started on the contract you sign to work there, literally a book.

Advice to Management

Pay competitive salaries
    Free food and beer != caring about your employees

Conversica Response

Aug 9, 2013 – Marketing

We are always striving to compete for talented Software Developers. While your experience at AVA may not be what you had hoped for we support your decision to work somewhere else. For anyone ... More