Conversica - Great Idea, Horrible Execution | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Conversica

"Great Idea, Horrible Execution"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at Conversica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people on the peer level, snacks and lunches provided, good location, quality health benefits.

Cons

With management that puts immediate profit before long-term gains, this place looks great until you actually have to interact with upper management or executives. Forward-thinking ideas are shelved indefinitely in favor of making a quick buck, and employees are hired (and kept) based on how little they are willing to work for or who they know more than proof of skill or experience.
Constant possibility of being fired at any moment based on a double standard of high and unclear expectations and little to no direction, time, or budget.
Leave your standards at the door if you want to get paid.

Advice to Management

Concentrate on making a product worth selling before you try to sell it, and learn utilize the actual skill-sets of your employees instead of forcing them into positions where they are bound to under-perform.

Other Employee Reviews for Conversica

"A reset opportunity"

Former Employee - Developer in Bellingham, WA
    Former Employee - Developer in Bellingham, WA

I worked at Conversica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free food, nice coworkers and a keg. Location downtown is nice. Good environment for working.

Cons

Major lack of management skills in executive positions. No room for career opportunities and growth within the company although encouraged otherwise. Met with corporate glass ceilings from upper management on every project, impeding your own endeavors and progress which only reflects poorly on you as an employee. Asking for raises only gets you placed in line on the "first to go" list for the chopping block.

I was let go with no notice due to ignorance shared among the executives on the projects I actually performed and completed. This separation of employee and executive is astonishing within this company. I know the CEO just wants to sell out and move on in the near future. I do not advise working for this company if you value a long term and promising career in development, graphic design, marketing, sales or customer service.

Advice to Management

I advise upper management to not fire creative and talented people based on their request for fair compensation, or false understanding of the projects completed by that person.

"Work hard play hard"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Bellingham, WA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Bellingham, WA

I have been working at Conversica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

An amazing office environment, I have fun at work, even when we're under pressure. Flexible hours, when I've needed time off, I got it. Great health benefits. Free food and drinks, there's snacks, but we also have lunches and breakfast made in the office.

Cons

You will be here more than 40 hours a week. We end up working 10+ hour days often because of various projects and urgency of some fixes. You will be on call from time to time, and have to be reachable and able to do work no matter the time of day.