Cook Children's Health Care System - Friendly people, adorable patients, and rewarding work environment. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cook Children's Health Care System

"Friendly people, adorable patients, and rewarding work environment."

Former Employee - Unit Secretary in Fort Worth, TX
Former Employee - Unit Secretary in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Cook Children's Health Care System full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This hospital system values their employees which creates positive morale and a team driven environment. Having a distinguished reputation for extraordinary care and patient outcomes, Cook Children's employees are genuinely proud to work here. Self scheduling (in many areas, though not all) is a big plus. My family relocated to another state. I very much miss this hospital.

Cons

Hourly pay was competitive, although shift differential for non-clinical staff was very low. I was willing to overlook this, however, because I loved my job.

Other Employee Reviews for Cook Children's Health Care System

"IS is pretty great"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Cook Children's Health Care System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work life balance, good compensation and many good people. I believe in the mission and feel secure in my job. I like going to work and think I'll be here a long time.

Cons

It's political. But if you focus on you, your team, and grow yourself you can achieve a lot. But some people will try to tear you down due to their own insecurity and ineptness. Some people are sweet to your face but will throw you under the bus if it self preserves them.

Advice to Management

Less politics and focus of quantity of projects and more on staff development and quality of work.

"Cook Children's Medical Center"

Current Employee - ACT/Paramedic in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - ACT/Paramedic in Fort Worth, TX

Pros

The benefits are great compared to other hospitals in the area, and employees generally have smiles on their faces as they walk down the halls. How can you not smile when there are therapy dogs on campus?

Cons

The "office politics" abound, which can make it hard to get ahead. It also takes forever to hear back about transfer requests and applications.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees about needs.