Cook Children's Health Care System - Working at Cook Children's is a privilege! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cook Children's Health Care System

"Working at Cook Children's is a privilege!"

Current Employee - Nurse Manager in Fort Worth, TX
Current Employee - Nurse Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Cook Children's Health Care System full-time

Pros

Customer service oriented
Wonderful pediatric facility
Physicians are excellent
Forward thinking organization

Cons

No EMR for Perioperative/Anesthesia Services

Advice to Management

Life will be awesome when EMR available for Perioperative Services- Anesthesa where we will optimize collaboration, communication, efficiency, and patient safety.

Other Employee Reviews for Cook Children's Health Care System

"I have had a good experience working at Cook Childrens"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at Cook Children's Health Care System full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working at Cooks is a very rewarding and gratifying experience. You get the opportunity to work with and learn from brilliant minds as well as the satisfaction of knowing that your work makes a difference in the lives of children. The facility is beautiful, benefits options are good and pay is competitive.

Cons

Cooks is a very political environment and if you allow yourself to get caught up in the politics (which is a requirement if you want to advance) it can suck the life out of you. I left Cooks after 7 years of working in the same department because as I was moving up the ladder in that department senior management was asking me to do things that I did not feel were ethical and the more I stood up for myself and my work ethic, the more I was backed into a corner. So much so that I got extremely burnt out and left Cooks for the same position at a similar company. I missed the environment and people at Cooks so I returned less than a year but to a different department. The management in my current department is night and day different and my manager values my opinions even when they may not align with theirs and I couldn't be happier with my job. I am glad I gave Cooks a second chance.

Advice to Management

It is unfortunate that a few people in leadership (in certain department(s) has forced many people to leave the company after going to HR with their concerns only to have them fall on deaf ears. I hope for the sake of the quality of care that the patients are receiving in these departments, that management is re-evaluated and held to higher standards in the future.

"IS is pretty great"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Cook Children's Health Care System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work life balance, good compensation and many good people. I believe in the mission and feel secure in my job. I like going to work and think I'll be here a long time.

Cons

It's political. But if you focus on you, your team, and grow yourself you can achieve a lot. But some people will try to tear you down due to their own insecurity and ineptness. Some people are sweet to your face but will throw you under the bus if it self preserves them.

Advice to Management

Less politics and focus of quantity of projects and more on staff development and quality of work.