Cook Systems - Cook Systems is a Trail Blazer | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cook Systems

"Cook Systems is a Trail Blazer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I worked at Cook Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cook Systems International's CEO is a visionary. The Company has developed a ground breaking new program to create new Java Developers and high paying jobs for Americans. This program is new and there is nothing like it anywhere. When you combine this program's potential with the expertise the company already has in IT staffing, the organization will change the face of the Information Technology industry. Working here made me feel like I was apart of something big and exciting.

Cons

The program is new. It is having some hiccups, but don't most new mom's with infants need to give up some sleep and sanity in the early stages to help them grow? There are some pockets of poor leadership, and the typical office drama associated with them. Generally those individuals are flushed out over time.

Advice to Management

Stay the course, but do take care of the employees who are giving you the best of themselves. Based on the previous review it appears some individuals aren't feeling connected to the company's current trajectory. Negativity is cancerous, it's best to catch it and treat it early.

Other Employee Reviews for Cook Systems

"Serious Financial Problems"

I worked at Cook Systems full-time

Pros

I can't think of one positive thing about this company.

Cons

Company has laid off half of their staff the past 6 months. They keep having to borrow money from individuals, investors, and banks. They basically spent all of their time and money into a java training program that failed miserably. Culture has been run into the ground and there is about to be a mass exodus.

Advice to Management

Focus on what is supposed to be your core business- STAFFING. Treat your producers better--more flexibility, compensation, and benefits.

Cook Systems Response

Mar 16, 2015 – Executive VP

We do our best to hire people who get along with others and help make this a fun place to work. In this case we erred. Though we did go through a lean stretch at the end of 2013, it was nothing... More

"Misleading Company. Notice how many of the positive reviews were posted on the same day?"

Pros

- free training in which you will learn a lot
    - Cook pays for your hotel

Cons

- training is unpaid
    - you are not hired as an employee when you graduate
    - training is done by former Fasttracker's who don't have assignments
    - you have a roommate in a small hotel room

Advice to Management

Cook Systems' Fasttrack'd training program is not what they say it is. Yes, it is a free, 8-week training program which teaches you a large amount of Java in a relatively short time. However you are not by Cook if you complete the course. If you graduate, cook systems will attempt to contract you out to one of their "partners". If they are successful, they will hire you as an employee for a fair amount less than what they charge their partner. If they aren't successful, you will never hear from them again.