Cooper Industries - Exciting Career I can ever have | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cooper Industries

"Exciting Career I can ever have"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Puducherry (India)
Current Employee - Team Leader in Puducherry (India)

I have been working at Cooper Industries full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Processes are set so clear inclined along with each Employee's Objective that leads to the growth of an individual along with the Company

Cons

I haven't had any to share for now

Advice to Management

It has always been a Pride to be part of Cooper industries and Hats Off to the Management for making that a trademark.

Other Employee Reviews for Cooper Industries

1. "Great work life balance"

Current Employee - Cooper Lighting Regional Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Cooper Lighting Regional Sales Manager

Pros

My position at Cooper Lighting has given me the opportunity to manage a $100MM+ sales territory just shy of my 30th birthday, and even thought the company was sold to Eaton Corp today I do not have a bad thing to say about the company. Are there the typical corporate headaches? Of course, but for the most part as long as you do a great job they let you do your thing. I am now looking forward to transitioning into an Eaton employee, and look forward to the opportunity to get into international sales with Eaton sometime down the road.

Cons

There is a lack of communication from the top down. Also, from a Cooper Lighting perspective we are perceived in the market as having low price product lines, but that is simply not the case. A poor marketing strategy set in place years ago built this perception that we cannot seem to shake.

Advice to Management

Creating a new ease of business strategy coupled with a new marketing brand will do wonders for the way Cooper Lighting is perceived in the market.

"Serial Incompetence"

Former Employee - Engineer
    Former Employee - Engineer

Pros

My pay was good, but only because they needed me when they needed me. Once they realized I would not sell my professional standards for a paycheck, the honeymoon was over.

Cons

The President, two VPs and numerous mangers and staff were let go within a year. Too bad these jokes were allowed to rule as long as they did. Super high turnover, very high attn to the bottom line but not to the right bottom line. Training ground for jerks, burial ground for skills development (on the plant/operations side).

Advice to Management

Don't have employees take 3 hours of testing to prove that they are very high IQ, very high analytical ability, and very strong drive, then put them to work for morons who spend 50% of their time and energy competing with their peers and EVEN WITH THEIR SUBORDINATES!! This is a disaster waiting to happen. Don't cut staffing so thin that no one has time to train anyone else or work on found tasks. Management gets so wrapped up meeting their boss's metrics that actual managerial work doesn't get done without 30 hours a week overtime, and even then, it just makes people suspicious if you actually care to do a good job.