Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants - Good money, management and corporate doesnt care about the worker. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants

"Good money, management and corporate doesnt care about the worker."

I have been working at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants (More than a year)

Pros

Were always busy, the money is the only thing thats keeping me here. This used to be the best restaurant I've worked at, but recently it has turned for the worst.

Cons

The company as a whole is exploding, which sucks for servers they seem to care less and less about the worker and more about the bottom line. This company mission statement is all about creating community and caring for its empleyees buts thats not the case, they always have focus groups with the owner or the GM but it doesnt change anything. I never seen any restaurant that is so small have such a big corporate office. It seems like they have a new executive every few months and there all coming from let us entertain you and darden restaurants. When I first started I used to love coming into work, but now I cant wait to leave. In the next couple of years it will lose all of its exclusiveness and be more of a corporate chain like Olive Garden. If you work a double (12+hours) dont expect to have a break, or even sit down as its against the rules. Management is always changing, always pulling out rules outta there @$$ stating its in the handbook.

Advice to Management

Your greatest asset in the company are your servers, treat them with respect.

Other Employee Reviews for Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants

"Great company that treats their employees right!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Countryside, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Countryside, IL

I have been working at Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I absolutely love working at Cooper's Hawk. I work out of our corporate office and each department works together as a team. We have some great values that are more than just a poster on the wall. All the way up to the Executives, this company truly cares about people and making our jobs something we look forward to each day.

Cons

I truly can't think of any cons here!

"Well Blended Collaboration of Talent and Fun"

Current Employee - Accountant in Countryside, IL
    Current Employee - Accountant in Countryside, IL

Pros

Over the course of my career, I've been searching for a company that not only makes it's employees feel like they make a difference, but one that also appreciates the people who contribute behind the scenes. I have hands down found both in Cooper's Hawk.
    While work is work is work, this company really knows how to celebrate the accomplishments of the company and its contributors. It's one of the only jobs that I love coming to every day because I know that I will be greeted by friendly faces, have work that is truly challenging and ever changing, and will have the opportunity to have my voice heard.
    The leadership is top notch, and they push you to not only be the best employee you can be, but also the best human you can be. It's a well-rounded relationship that takes an interest in you professionally and personally. While we all work hard here and put in the hours, the work life balance is still very present, and leaving on time is highly encouraged.

Cons

I tend to thrive in an ever changing and growing environment, but for some, the quick pace and ability to stop on a dime and change gears might throw you for a loop. We're always adding more to the to do list, and you may not always accomplish what you set out to do that morning, BUT by the end of the day, you will have tackled a project that gives you an even greater sense of accomplishment.

Advice to Management

Keep up the Great Work! Personally, I feel that I have developed a report with many of the members of management, and I appreciate the time and consideration you all take to listen to those that are in the trenches. With as quickly as we've been growing, it ALWAYS amazes me how the senior management team remembers everyone's names. This is a rarity to find, and a quality that should not be lost.