CooperVision - Overall, a great place to be. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CooperVision

"Overall, a great place to be."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I have been working at CooperVision full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

With not a lot of big thriving companies in Rochester, NY, CooperVision is a great place to be. They clearly believe in work-life balance and have a gym and wellness program that help weigh out the negatives.

Cons

Promotions and salary increases can be tough to get. Very top heavy with Sr. management and very few actually executing the work. Sr. management mostly in CA office with a clear desire to move more employees out there. Vacation time falls very short with an increase coming only after 5 full years of employment.

Advice to Management

Too lean, need more entry to mid level employees. Too internally focused. Need to focus on needs of end customer.

Other Employee Reviews for CooperVision

"Living the Values"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at CooperVision full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company lives by its values - dedicated, inventive, partners and friendly
    It's a growing successful company
    Great Wellness program, benefits and they strive to be on the best places to work list by making it a great place to work

Cons

Fast growth means change so you have to be adaptable and staffing is lean so it's a fast paced environment. But opportunity comes along with growth.

"Doing Work to Help People Improve How They See Is Rewarding"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at CooperVision full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

At CooperVision, we're helping people see the world around them more clearly. We're not inventing ways to cure cancer. It's still rewarding to know your work is helping people see better, especially when you hear how it changes some people's lives. CooperVision cares about your quality of life. There is a serious investment from the top to foster health & wellness. It's really great working where people care about your health and wellness. The culture fosters open communication and feedback.

The everyday work is detailed, challenging and rewarding for the right people. Cooper provides training opportunities to improve and develop skills no matter where you're at right now. We have a lot of interesting people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We have products that work well for patients and eye care providers. And we try new things to help our customers be successful. There are many people who have worked here for 10 - 20 years and beyond.

Cons

We need to do a better job of working together, collaborating even more effectively by utilizing rich, digital technologies to connect with each other.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on the customer. Invest in what drives growth and helps our customers succeed. We need to accelerate. Champion adopting today's web technology to connect with each other.