Copper River IT - Great company to work for in my opinion | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Copper River IT

"Great company to work for in my opinion"

Current Employee - Computer Analyst
Current Employee - Computer Analyst

I have been working at Copper River IT full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management is supportive, friendly, responsive, and quick to help. Human resources is very quick as well to answer questions and resolve any issues. I can honestly say in the 8 years I've worked in this area (through various contracts); this is by far the best company I've worked for. They are very good to their people, and in my experience always putting their employees first. It really does make for a great work environment.

I can't speak for everyone in this company, but my coworkers are intelligent, well versed in their duties, and are professional in their work ethics. Some are well rounded while others have some specialties that bring a vast knowledge to the team. My managers are not only managers but also experienced analysts themselves, which makes for a much better setup than having managers that only know how to manage people.

I should mention, I had looked at a different job someone recommended to me, and found that Copper River treated me better in my time with them and leaving than I was treated by the company that was trying to hire me....

In regards to what the previous review mentioned on benefits, I've found the opposite to be true. My insurance is dramatically cheaper than my previous jobs, and way cheaper than the other job I had been looking at with a much larger company. I have no complaints about any of the benefits Copper River offers. I'm very happy to be an Orca!

Cons

Don't want to leave this blank, so here's the best I can come up with for cons:

Job security if on a government contract, though this isn't specific to Copper River. There is always the chance they may lose the contract, but most of the time whoever wins the contract will pick up the existing staff anyway. This is the case no matter what government contractor you may be employed by. It’s easier to keep who is in place than rehire. I had 1 position that I was employed by 3 companies in.

This is just my opinion, but I have no doubts that if you work for them, prove your worth, and make a good example, that they will do their best to find you another position with the company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

Other Employee Reviews for Copper River IT

"Hypocritical culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Copper River IT (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly people, although too accepting of mediocrity.

Cons

Extremely poorly managed company. Classic example of a company that announces a mission and their love of employees on banners but consistently behaves in contradictory ways. In a healthy, successful company HR professionals truly ensure the company focuses to foster employee development and develops a proactive, cooperative employee environment. At Copper River IT, the HR Department is widely referred to as "The Black Widow Den" (even by the CEO) because of the propensity to spy on employees with the hope of finding fault with others. (This sort of attitude and behavior is encouraged by the true culture at Copper River. Completely hypocritical of the "caring attitude" the company professes.)

2. "Outside account manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Chantilly, VA

I worked at Copper River IT full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits. Nice office. Friendly people. Can work remote Decent salary marketing does good job of trying to help with leads.

Cons

No quoting tool. No support. No data base of past sales. You must have all your own contacts to make any sales. Existing customers limited. Don't get paid commission until customer pays invoice.