Copper River Shared Services - Great company to work for in my opinion | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Copper River Shared Services

"Great company to work for in my opinion"

Current Employee - Computer Analyst
Current Employee - Computer Analyst

I have been working at Copper River Shared Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management is supportive, friendly, responsive, and quick to help. Human resources is very quick as well to answer questions and resolve any issues. I can honestly say in the 8 years I've worked in this area (through various contracts); this is by far the best company I've worked for. They are very good to their people, and in my experience always putting their employees first. It really does make for a great work environment.

I can't speak for everyone in this company, but my coworkers are intelligent, well versed in their duties, and are professional in their work ethics. Some are well rounded while others have some specialties that bring a vast knowledge to the team. My managers are not only managers but also experienced analysts themselves, which makes for a much better setup than having managers that only know how to manage people.

I should mention, I had looked at a different job someone recommended to me, and found that Copper River treated me better in my time with them and leaving than I was treated by the company that was trying to hire me....

In regards to what the previous review mentioned on benefits, I've found the opposite to be true. My insurance is dramatically cheaper than my previous jobs, and way cheaper than the other job I had been looking at with a much larger company. I have no complaints about any of the benefits Copper River offers. I'm very happy to be an Orca!

Cons

Don't want to leave this blank, so here's the best I can come up with for cons:

Job security if on a government contract, though this isn't specific to Copper River. There is always the chance they may lose the contract, but most of the time whoever wins the contract will pick up the existing staff anyway. This is the case no matter what government contractor you may be employed by. It’s easier to keep who is in place than rehire. I had 1 position that I was employed by 3 companies in.

This is just my opinion, but I have no doubts that if you work for them, prove your worth, and make a good example, that they will do their best to find you another position with the company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

Other Employee Reviews for Copper River Shared Services

"Hypocritical culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Copper River Shared Services (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly people, although too accepting of mediocrity.

Cons

Extremely poorly managed company. Classic example of a company that announces a mission and their love of employees on banners but consistently behaves in contradictory ways. In a healthy, successful company HR professionals truly ensure the company focuses to foster employee development and develops a proactive, cooperative employee environment. At Copper River IT, the HR Department is widely referred to as "The Black Widow Den" (even by the CEO) because of the propensity to spy on employees with the hope of finding fault with others. (This sort of attitude and behavior is encouraged by the true culture at Copper River. Completely hypocritical of the "caring attitude" the company professes.)

2. "Great people and balance but room for improvement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Pros

Great people at the site with strong backgrounds
    Onsite leadership is accessible
    Feeling of company identity and "one team" is developing
    Company footprint is expanding
    Excellent hours and flexibility for those who know their positions will not require on-call service

Cons

Mission creep
    Opportunities for growth or lateral movement limited
    Changes in policies after expectations are set
    Dress code is too strenuous

Advice to Management

Keep client expectations reasonable
    Promote more opportunities internally
    Benefits elections take too long to go into effect