Corbis - Very Creative Company | Glassdoor

"Very Creative Company"

Current Employee - Photo Editor in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Photo Editor in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Corbis full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Corbis is filled with fun, creative people. Almost everybody has some type of creative background, and the company mission allows you to apply creativity and make a career out of it. It is incredible to work with the best images in the world, which the company represents. The company pays well and has above-average salary and benefits.

Cons

Things change a lot because the industry that Corbis is in has gone through a lot of change. It is frustrating to work very hard on a project and then see the company go off into a different direction.

Advice to Management

Stay patient, allow the great people to do the job, and it will eventually pay off.

Other Employee Reviews for Corbis

"sinking ship"

Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Corbis full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

used to be the people, but even that is now dwindling. good benefits package. nice office space.

Cons

unrealistic expectations. zero room for growth. management is a combination of manipulative and 98% absent or unavailable. Have no clue the contribution(s) made by senior (Seattle) management to the organization. No importance or value placed on people who have long-term industry knowledge. "Rules" are constantly changing so you dont where you stand, nor what sort of job security you have.

Advice to Management

There are good, smart, capable people still left here. Figure it out. Figure how to retain them and do what you can to create a better more positive environment. People are totally demotivated and deincentivized. "You should be thankful you have a job at all" is just not the way to run a successful business, one which Corbis has not ever been, but always had potential. Now? Im not so sure.

"Growing in the right direction"

Current Employee - Corbis Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Corbis Manager in Seattle, WA

Pros

The company has made strategic acquisitions and partnership over the past year -- which will contribute to the success of this year. I also work with great people who care about their work and want to make sure we reach our business objectives.

Cons

There seems to be little efforts on retention and we've lost several good people. We not only need to make sure we're recruiting the best, but then also working to keep them long-term.

Advice to Management

I appreciate the recent efforts that have been made to show that you understand how employees are feeling, that you want to make changes and focus on employees this year. I'm looking forward to seeing what is implemented and if it improves the overall energy and morale.