Corbis - sinking ship | Glassdoor

"sinking ship"

Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Corbis full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

used to be the people, but even that is now dwindling. good benefits package. nice office space.

Cons

unrealistic expectations. zero room for growth. management is a combination of manipulative and 98% absent or unavailable. Have no clue the contribution(s) made by senior (Seattle) management to the organization. No importance or value placed on people who have long-term industry knowledge. "Rules" are constantly changing so you dont where you stand, nor what sort of job security you have.

Advice to Management

There are good, smart, capable people still left here. Figure it out. Figure how to retain them and do what you can to create a better more positive environment. People are totally demotivated and deincentivized. "You should be thankful you have a job at all" is just not the way to run a successful business, one which Corbis has not ever been, but always had potential. Now? Im not so sure.

Other Employee Reviews for Corbis

"Growing in the right direction"

Current Employee - Corbis Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Corbis Manager in Seattle, WA

Pros

The company has made strategic acquisitions and partnership over the past year -- which will contribute to the success of this year. I also work with great people who care about their work and want to make sure we reach our business objectives.

Cons

There seems to be little efforts on retention and we've lost several good people. We not only need to make sure we're recruiting the best, but then also working to keep them long-term.

Advice to Management

I appreciate the recent efforts that have been made to show that you understand how employees are feeling, that you want to make changes and focus on employees this year. I'm looking forward to seeing what is implemented and if it improves the overall energy and morale.

"Incompetent IT Management"

Current Employee - Finance Director in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Finance Director in Seattle, WA

Pros

I work with some great people who care about their work.

Cons

- No clear vision or direction provided by senior management.
    - Disconnect between corporate management and Sales.
    - Key senior IT positions recently filled w/inexperienced and incompetent individuals.
    - No effort to retain good people
    - Very poor morale

Advice to Management

Focus on employees. Look at your talent and develop it. RIF current IT executives.