Core Carrier Corp. - Unprofessional and a dissatisfying work experience | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Core Carrier Corp.

"Unprofessional and a dissatisfying work experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Pros

Really, the best thing was money.

Cons

Poor moral, management-bad hiring choices-Poor treatment of employees.

Advice to Management

Hiring skilled and competent management-train employees properly

Other Employee Reviews for Core Carrier Corp.

1. "I am making more money"

Current Employee - OTR Truck Driver in Kansas City, KS
    Current Employee - OTR Truck Driver in Kansas City, KS

Pros

I started for swift as a student and drove for 8 months. Was out for 6 to 8 weeks at a time. Mostly I was sitting and with my pay I was only making about 350$ a week. I have been with core now for 6 months. Started at 39 cpm and now I am at 43. I am totally happy. My dispatcher is really cool and best of all along with getting miles, I am home weekly. No complaints here. I was reading the other reviews and I have not had those issues so I just wanted to make a review. Im happy! I get to swing by my home if there is time in between loads also.

Cons

Wouldn't mind newer equipment, but my 2011 is not bad. Its in good shape and keeps me rolling. Miles are decent tbh. I am happy here. The drivers are friendly too.

2. "Hell... pure hell in employment."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

I worked at Core Carrier Corp. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you like a building full of mold, and air full of coal dust from the power plant next door and being a punching bag for the president of the company, this is the place for you. And of course there is the building full of miserable people that would rather be somewhere else, but can't cause no sane employer would hire many of these people.

Cons

Good grief, in my month working at this dump I witnessed co-workers screaming at each other, yes literally screaming at each other, I never saw anything like this in all my years of working in trucking offices. The president mike koch has a team motivational poster in his office, he obviously never took it to heart. This place is everyone for themselves no matter what the cost to the company and your fellow co-workers, everyone screws everyone over and does so openly, planners, dispatchers, office support, customer service they (with an exception of a few people) all screw each other. Its like being in high school they way people behave, clowning around, extreme language and the disgusting things that are said is beyond belief. The president enjoys calling people on the phone to berate them and then slam the phone down in their ear as hard as he can, he truly loves this, its his power trip. The drivers, there are some good ones and yet given this companies culture and standing in the trucking industry, so many drivers are hired as students and long time drivers that no one else will hire, accident history, poor work ethics, former criminals (one bragged that he used to be a drug dealer) true bottom of the barrel stuff. The office conditions are a true sickness. due to mold in the building one area was closed off due to people getting sick, there is a power plant next door that burns coal which is unloaded next door and coal dust is everywhere in the building and on your car when you go to leave, it was amazing all the sick people here as well as people with cancer and other battles with illness that was going on (you would think people would catch on!?!?!). While the pay looks good if your on salary, it isn't since your expected there no later than 7am and if you think your leaving at 5pm forget it due to the horrible planning department who spend most of their time outside screwing around or smoking instead. And then there is working Saturday and Sunday on a rotating basis, yes you will be making way less than what the paycheck shows due to the time your sucked into this place. Stay away from this place! Its a bad place for good people whether you work as a driver or in the office, seriously, stay away!

Advice to Management

The rot and hell starts at the top, learn how to treat people, quit taking your miserable life out on everyone around you.