Core Carrier Corp. - Unprofessional and a dissatisfying work experience | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Core Carrier Corp.

"Unprofessional and a dissatisfying work experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Pros

Really, the best thing was money.

Cons

Poor moral, management-bad hiring choices-Poor treatment of employees.

Advice to Management

Hiring skilled and competent management-train employees properly

Other Employee Reviews for Core Carrier Corp.

1. "I am making more money"

Current Employee - OTR Truck Driver in Kansas City, KS

Pros

I started for swift as a student and drove for 8 months. Was out for 6 to 8 weeks at a time. Mostly I was sitting and with my pay I was only making about 350$ a week. I have been with core now for 6 months. Started at 39 cpm and now I am at 43. I am totally happy. My dispatcher is really cool and best of all along with getting miles, I am home weekly. No complaints here. I was reading the other reviews and I have not had those issues so I just wanted to make a review. Im happy! I get to swing by my home if there is time in between loads also.

Cons

Wouldn't mind newer equipment, but my 2011 is not bad. Its in good shape and keeps me rolling. Miles are decent tbh. I am happy here. The drivers are friendly too.

2. "Respect your drivers or lose us."

Current Employee - OTR Truck Driver in Kansas City, KS

I have been working at Core Carrier Corp. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everybody knows each other here. I can go in and talk to the CEO any time I am at the terminal. He even knows my voice, when I call. I always get home exactly when I want to be there, no b.s., no worries. The shop is quick, accommodating and highly competent. When I check my truck in for service, I can count on it being fixed and ready to go when they tell me it will be. When the truck is broke down or in the shop, I am immediately in a company paid hotel...period. Very nice. CPM is excellent. ...BUT..........

Cons

CPM is great on paper, but the miles just aren't there. Less than 2000 miles most weeks. Ugghhh!!! Dispatch are a bunch of liars, watching the clock, chain smoking, lying to drivers and blaming the planners and payroll person for everything. Funny thing, though, on weekends, when only planners are there, they are totally cool. No game playing, bad attitude favoritism as they are accused of doing by my dispatcher. The buck is passed so many times, the driver has nowhere to turn for real answers or solutions to issues.

Advice to Management

Ask drivers "How many times has your dispatcher lied to you, and how happy are you, due to this fact?" Don't just direct. Connect. Encourage (enforce??) transparency in driver/dispatcher dialogue. Keep promises made to drivers by dispatchers. Keep it real.