Core Laboratories - Turn a blind eye to unsafe and hostile work environment. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Core Laboratories

"Turn a blind eye to unsafe and hostile work environment."

Current Employee - Field Representative (Tracing Supervisor)
Current Employee - Field Representative (Tracing Supervisor)

I have been working at Core Laboratories full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paid well, good training, decent equipment to work with. (Protechnics)

Cons

Have many policies dealing with safety but aren't worth the paper they are written on. They have a "compliance hotline" to contact with concerns of safety, company policy violation, etc. but it is only window dressing. I called to inform the compliance officer of unsafe and abusive practices in my office and was told that if I was retaliated against to call and let them know. My concerns were never addressed and within a months time I was fired without any reason being given after having been promoted twice in a year. They had someone fall asleep at the wheel and died in the crash. The company created a "policy" against driving after working more than twelve hours and yet they still continue to expect you to drive after working in some cases multiple days in a row without sleep.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees as valued individuals rather than a means to an end that can be replaced at any time. Address issues with abusive/ignorant supervisors rather than fire the persons that bring them to your attention.

Other Employee Reviews for Core Laboratories

"Petroleum Inspector"

Former Employee - Petroleum Inspector in Port Neches, TX
    Former Employee - Petroleum Inspector in Port Neches, TX

I worked at Core Laboratories full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management is laid back.
    Good about letting you get sleep sometimes... (read cons).

Cons

Most companies tell you to treat your position at the company as if it were your own business. However you cannot control what other people do I.E. damage equipment, or start a job and not do the necessary paperwork. Most people start this job as entry level because they are so desperate to find petroleum inspectors, they don't get any formal training and this leads to jobs being very unorganized and the more experienced people have to pick up this slack all the time. I can say from working at 3 different companies that none of them are different. They will suck the life from you. The worst part about this position is that you are on call 24 hours a day, even if you get the necessary amount of sleep you still might not have time for a shower or to eat etc. so you have to juggle between those things. If you are working to a point where you are too tired to drive, don't! It is not worth risking your life over... These companies need to learn the hard way. The turn-over rate is extremely EXTREMELY high! The reason for this is apparent.

Advice to Management

Show more respect to veteran employee's.
    Implement proper training programs for new employees instead of putting them into the field when they are not ready which causes more stress on the current employees and the staff in general.

2. "Core analyst"

Pros

Science, interesting work environment, lots of freedom to plan out work schedule

Cons

Low pay, slow to promote