Core-Mark - Hostile work environment overshadows any work fulfillment. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Core-Mark

"Hostile work environment overshadows any work fulfillment."

Former Employee - Data Sales Analyst in Fort Worth, TX
Former Employee - Data Sales Analyst in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Core-Mark full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paychecks are received in a timely manner.

Cons

The work environment is very hostile. The inconsistant rules are frustrating. Management is often as immature as the unprofessional employees.

Advice to Management

Require professionalism in the office and enforce common courtesy.

Other Employee Reviews for Core-Mark

"This is by far the worst place I've ever work for. Your better off working at Wal-Mart or McDonalds then this place."

Former Employee - Freezer Stocker in Wilkes-Barre, PA
    Former Employee - Freezer Stocker in Wilkes-Barre, PA

I worked at Core-Mark full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay (that is if your single, don't have any bills, have no kids, or any kind of outstanding payments)

Cons

By far the worst company I've ever worked for. I worked 3rd shift as a freezer stocker. Oh man, where do I start? The work/life balance is awful. For over a month, I worked 9 P.M - 7:30 A.M 6 nights a week. On your only day off, forget about doing anything since you're so exhausted. The Management is garbage. It was me and two other people. One guy didn't even bother to work in the freezer like he was supposed to, he went out in the regular warehouse, so when it came 5:30, those two guys left and I was stuck picking up their slack. Forget about trying to get work done anyways. Each aisle was filled with pallets. What are you supposed to do here? I can't get to my picks, I can't move the pallets because it's freezer items so my space is limited. What does management say? do the best you can. Great Management.

All the other shifts would overlap each other, people and pallets were everywhere so it was nearly impossible to do anything. Forget about driving a forklift through there.

Speaking of fork lifts, need a battery change? be ready to wait up to two hours. All the people certified to change a battery never wanted to do it. This was a nightly ritual for me.

Overall Core-Mark is a horrible place to work for. After 3 months of torture, I finally said "forget it" and took my chances and never went back. I found a different job the following week and my life has never been better.

Avoid Core-mark like the plague. Management doesn't know how to manage. It's un organized, the people are always in a bad mood (who blames them?) it's just not a fun experience. I left Wal-Mart to go work at Core'-mark and by the 3rd week I regretted it. If your company is so bad that it makes you regret leaving Wal-Mart, then you know you have problems.

Advice to Management

Nothing. I really hope this company goes out of business and the unfortunate employees there find a better job.

"Steer clear, unless desperate for work!"

Former Employee - Driver in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Driver in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Core-Mark full-time

Pros

Pay and benefits are OK.

Cons

Very high turnover. Always threatened with losing your job. Seems like every week we are signing some paper with a new policy, usually to benefit the managers/supervisors. Management is always looking for ways to suspend and/or fire employees. Managers/supervisors frequently lie to you. Managers/supervisors show little to no respect. Senior management often promotes friends with little or no experience in key positions. Asking for time off (day off or sick time off) is like pulling teeth. HR manager has no clue what she is doing. If you ask her a question, she will call corporate for an answer. Why is she here? No respect for your personal life. We have a sign that reads, "Core-Mark cares". Everytime I see it, I laugh.

Advice to Management

Hire managers that treat their employees and their personal lives with respect. Hire managers who have an idea of what they are doing. (A transportation manager that has some past driving experience is a plus!) Show your employees some appreciation for a job well done. A simple 'thank you' goes a long way sometimes.