Core-Mark - Be Aware | Glassdoor

"Be Aware"

Former Employee - Analyst in South San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Analyst in South San Francisco, CA

Pros

Core-Mark International is a place to start your career if you were fresh out of college. You do the grunt work, learn the ropes just enough so that you can look at opportunities else where. Yes, even the CFO admitted that when I left.

Cons

The style of work is very old school. Technology is bare bones. Process improvements are unheard of. There is no work life balance. Management in the finance/accounting team is horrible. I remember my first day on the job and an employee, someone I barely even knew, came up to me and said be aware of her or that. The turnover is extremely high so makes it very challenging to train new people because they would leave after a few months on the job!

Advice to Management

Get yourself a better HR department and make your employees, at least, feel like they are your assets.

Other Employee Reviews for Core-Mark

1. "Backbreaking work & underpaid !"

Former Employee - ORDER-SELECTOR in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - ORDER-SELECTOR in Atlanta, GA

Pros

The health , dental & life benefits are a plus ! If you make it past the 90 day period which is highly unlikely !

Cons

The downside of working for this company is that they have a very high turnover rate due to poor management ,low wages, & the many ways to be fired. If you plan on working for this company be prepared to be threatened that you can lose your job daily. Also prepare to work under extremely harsh conditions. Bottom line is unless you are desperate for work look somewhere else, because at Coremark you are just a number that comes & gos -No Respect.

Advice to Management

My advise to Core-Mark leadership is to start treating your employees with respect by raising the starting wages. Also remember that there are real people with family's & lives working for you & they need to have better working conditions if you want to one day start keeping people.

2. "Sdr"

Current Employee - SDR
    Current Employee - SDR

I have been working at Core-Mark full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits, home ever night. Company hires within salary/compensation customers are great to work with. Company car

Cons

Not too much dissatisfaction with core mark