Corinthian Colleges - Safe, Secure, Friendly and generally decent company. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Corinthian Colleges

"Safe, Secure, Friendly and generally decent company."

Former Employee - Director of Student Finance in Chesapeake, VA
Former Employee - Director of Student Finance in Chesapeake, VA

Pros

Good company, cares about employees, good growth opportunities, very good at training it's associates.

Cons

Quick growth has caused some confusion. Trying to make all of it's schools fit into a cookie cutter, little room for impementation of original ideas.

Advice to Management

Form an employee advisory board. Find out what's going on at the campuses directly from employees, rather than the managers. Look at re-hiring former employees, proprietary education is a small market and you are truly limiting yourselfs by not looking at past employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Corinthian Colleges

"The good with the bad"

Current Employee - Admissions Representative in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Admissions Representative in Orlando, FL

Pros

They offer very good benefits and a good salary

Cons

Very poor upper management in each department. They need to be more selective in their hiring process.

Advice to Management

I don't know what over directors are like in other departments but my own. The director in our Admissions department enjoys giving our team members "BEAT DOWN" meetings every Friday. We are always getting scolded for issues out of our control. Our Friday meetings are never positive, even when we do VERY well (go way above our goal number) for the term. It's always a meeting about what we do wrong and never what we do right or how we can make it better.

To make a long story short...my advice to my Director would be to praise us when we do well. And not be so quick to scold the team. When you praise your employess, they will WANT to do more for you without being asked. When you scold them, they will only do what is needed OR LESS because they will get scolded regardless.

2. Don't not play favorites because the team will see it.

3. Don't lie to your employess and not think that they will not find out. Believe it or not, your employees do get together to compare stories. Especialy when you already have a reputation of being a liar.

4. Don't belittle your associates in front of their peers. One day you will run into the wrong person and they will not take it lightly.

5. Don't disrespect your employees yet demand it from them.

2. "CCI"

Former Employee - Student Services Coordinator in Brandon, FL
    Former Employee - Student Services Coordinator in Brandon, FL

Pros

Direct supervisors were very knowledgeable with regards to the position and department

Cons

Lack of communication between management and employees

Advice to Management

Open lines of communication with employees
    Decrease the amount of employee layoffs and turnover
    Provide advancement opportunities to all employees