Corinthian Colleges - It's about the students. Their success is our success. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Corinthian Colleges

"It's about the students. Their success is our success."

Current Employee - Instructor in Portland, OR
Current Employee - Instructor in Portland, OR

I have been working at Corinthian Colleges full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Positive environment based on improving the lives of people who just need someone to believe in them.
Enough resources to do the job

Cons

A for-profit college is certainly a different environment than a public institution, but the students who take advantage of what they are paying for get a great education.

Advice to Management

Please try to increase budgets for the tech programs. We can't deliver the best training without the tools! A dedicated IT lab with current equipment and resources would benefit the students immeasurably.

Other Employee Reviews for Corinthian Colleges

"Positions"

Current Employee - Career Services Representative in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Career Services Representative in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Corinthian Colleges full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They don't like to fire you unless you just refuse to work, looks bad on them for accreditation purposes.

Cons

Plenty of coffee and water

2. "Great overall opportunity for forward mobility but poor leadership caused my location to close."

Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Corinthian Colleges full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you want to move up in a company fast and don't have a lot of education this company is great for promoting people based on results.

Cons

Because of the lack of higher education in upper management ( a lot of upper management has recently gone back through their online college affiliates and have gotten BA's, MS's, MBA's, through programs that don't really have a strong educational foundation) their is really bad leadership at the top. The campus I worked for closed down in just three years. Really poor image in the media and community currently.

Advice to Management

As part of campus leadership I was shocked to see how often the companies core values were not upheld by upper management ( Walk the Talk), personal vendettas and ego's got in the way of making the right decision and how time and time again people who were not the most educated or qualified but the best "yes men" men continued to be promoted.