Corinthian Colleges - Knowledgeable | Glassdoor

"Knowledgeable"

Pros

Teamwork environment, developing and building relationships between the students and employers, helping the community, building relationships with employers

Cons

communication between departments was poor, need improvement

Other Employee Reviews for Corinthian Colleges

1. "Focus on student success is disheartening"

I worked at Corinthian Colleges full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are decent and there is potential for advancement if you are a teamplayer

Cons

They do not provide adequate training for faculty and staff to work/deal with the population they recruit

Advice to Management

Put more money/effort/training into those who work directly with your students (campus level employees)

"Words cannot describe how unethical the institution is."

Former Employee - Director of Admissions
    Former Employee - Director of Admissions

I worked at Corinthian Colleges full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had an amazing Admissions Team that worked very hard for me!

Cons

For Profit schools are struggling. Our Campus population has decreased 50%, less than 300 students now. As a result, there is a "do whatever it takes" mentality to get people to start school there. There are unrealistic expectations placed on the reps not taking into account that at my particular campus they average about 2 new leads daily each.
    Even though my team had some of the best metrics in the region, we could not hit our budgets. Hitting budgets is the only way one is safe as a director. In addition, putting a certain number of students in school is the only way an Admissions Representative is safe.
    I was fired from the campus because I would not agree to operate in an unethical manner.
    Reps are held accountable to something called an ESCORE. This is a score given to them from an interview and a phone observation monthly. I was encouraged to find recorded phone calls that were "less than stellar" and tear them apart and give the rep a poor score if they weren't successful in enrolling and starting students. If a rep had 10 phone calls recorded and 9 were fantastic, i was told to find the 1 that was weak and score it.
    I could go on and on about the unethical manner in which I was expected to operate. I knew that I would eventually lose my job by refusing to compy, but I was ok with it. I can sleep at night and reflect on my decisions and be proud of them.

Advice to Management

Is the salary you are paid worth compromising your integrity? It wasn't for me.