Cornerstone OnDemand - Good culture | Glassdoor

"Good culture"

Current Employee - Not Disclosing in Santa Monica, CA
Current Employee - Not Disclosing in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Best reasons would be the culture and a cool looking office.

Cons

Perks are not what they seem. Unlimited days off was a really stupid idea because managers make people feel guilty about taking a day off and there's always lots of work to do so you can never take off. Google's model for that is so much better Mr. CEO! Most companies are backing out of it for a reason.
Also, the managers were promoted here so most have very little experience managing people.
Also, work-life balance? No such thing here. You're expected to work over the weekend and have email on your personal phone.
Every day breakfasts are almost a joke because 20 minutes after they're served, they're gone. Can't you for once order enough food?
Free lunch is once a week and it's poorly organized. You have to stand in line to get it for an hour. Whoever is in charge of that, obviously has no clue how to do this.

Advice to Management

It's always bad idea to tell your employees to write a positive feedback on glassdoor so the company looks good.

Cornerstone OnDemand Response

Apr 29, 2014 – Sr. Director of Talent

Unlimited vacation plans are very rewarding and offer the opportunity to take more time off than employees previously had access to. These plans are unique and they put the responsibility on the... More

Other Employee Reviews for Cornerstone OnDemand

"Asked to falsify details in performance review"

I have been working at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great employees, driven and creatively intelligent. Good benefits and training opportunities to grow professionally. Fast-growing company. Good initiatives to improve product and bring its intuitive-level up to par with the industry standard.

Cons

Was asked to add falsified information and lower score for my direct report. Totally did not feel comfortable with this and now wondering how much of a practice is this among other managerial staff and its negative effects upon employees' psyche.

Advice to Management

Don't pressure managers to falsify performance reviews. Performance is a metric and should be factual, not an emotion on what you feel about a person!

Cornerstone OnDemand Response

Aug 7, 2014 – Sr. Director of Talent

At no time are leaders asked to falsify or lower performance review scores. All leaders participate in a calibration process to ensure similar performance is equally rated across departments. This... More

2. "Love working for Cornerstone OnDemand"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager - Enterprise
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager - Enterprise

I have been working at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I get to own my success. I love working with my peers. I value my relationships with senior leadership. We are a very successful firm focused on client outcomes...that is very rewarding intrinsically and extrinsically.

Cons

all companies have their warts...CSOD focuses on fixing them.

Advice to Management

remain open minded, focus on feedback from field organization.