Corning - Analyst | Glassdoor

"Analyst"

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Corning, NY
Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Corning, NY

I have been working at Corning full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture is good. Value individuals.

Cons

Headquaters is located in a small town

Advice to Management

improve people development

Other Employee Reviews for Corning

"Past Employee of 10+ years"

Current Employee - Information Technology in Corning, NY
    Current Employee - Information Technology in Corning, NY

I have been working at Corning full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pay is in line with most companies
    The Elmira/Corning area for the most part is a nice place to live

Cons

Way to many Chiefs and not enough Indians
    Corning Incorporated use to be a very good place to work, it has changed so much over the years
    Upper Management really has no idea what middle management is doing to people and pushing so many good people off or out the door.
    Corning Incorporated would be a wonderful place for an episode of "Under Cover Boss"

Advice to Management

Stop allowing so many re-org's You really have no idea how much you are hurting the people that care so much about their work, and giving so much to a company.
    Corning has spent way to much money hiring a Consultant Company's to come in an tell them the same thing that the Corning Employees have told them all along.
    Back in the day, doing your job well meant something, today it all comes down to who you are meeting for drinks that night.
    Corning should take a good look at the top Managers of IT and audit their "P" cards.
    I approve of the CEO Wendell Weeks, I just wish he would take a better look at what is really going on.

"This was the most condescending, rude, hostile, rigid work environment I have ever experienced"

Former Employee - Call Center in Tewksbury, MA
    Former Employee - Call Center in Tewksbury, MA

I worked at Corning full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salary was not bad. Benefits ok but I would rather starve than to work there again.

Cons

Management de-values their employees. The negativity of the work environment actually began to make me ill...... Others were experiencing stress related conditions also. Didn't know work places such as this existed in this country.

Advice to Management

Take a closer look at life in your call center and wise up before your company is sued in a big way. The company talks about upholding the "Corning values" but when it comes to their employees they have NO values. A little like a concentration camp mentality.